The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New member, sortof. Fully built 420a restoration/build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blk98420a

Probationary Member
Nov 7, 2016
Alexander city, Alabama
I used to come here often for advice but have recently began working on the Eclipse again. It is a fully built 420a to my knowledge. I got the engine secondhand in a parts car. Owner claimed the motor was built but he never could get it to run right due to his friend being the one who built it and then later took some parts off because he needed money. Upon breaking the engine open it looked very fresh internally with JE forged 8.8:1 pistons and Eagle forged rods, all ARP stud hardware and full crower valvetrain. I refreshed the motor with a full gasket set and put it in my car. It's current running n/a as my daily is torn down for rebuild and I dont have all the parts for boosting it or the ECU for tuning. My goals are 300-350whp street build on pump gas. I have a few local dsm friends but they all own 4g63 cars and arent much help when it comes to tuning and 420a specific mods.

Attachments

• IMG_20160605_200144.jpg
    IMG_20160605_200144.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 20
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back