The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

New member in New England area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonEvo

Probationary Member
Apr 15, 2011
Nashua, New_Hampshire
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the DSM platform but not new to these types of cars or forums. I've had 3000GT VR4's in the past and I currently have an EVO X. My brother in law and I decided to pick one of these up as a project car and we found a black 95 Eagle Talon TSI FWD with only 64K original miles. The thing is completely stock (good and bad) but has a good amount of rust in the front end frame area, including holes near the strut mounts. Only paid $3,000 so hopefully it isn't a complete money pit. We figured with the low miles and the smooth running motor that we couldn't go wrong. The only problem it has right now is a voltage issue. Replaced the battery and we're getting 12v now, but only 12v while it is idling is actually not too good from what I've been reading. I'm cracking down on it though using the search and hundreds of threads already created for this problem. Looks like it is the alternator or a wiring/ shorting issue somewhere in between.

Looks like we have a bunch of knowledgeable people on these boards, so I'm sure I'll get this car going strong soon! :hellyeah:

Welcome!

Rust is a bi***.

Ya, tell me about it. Especially in the area I live in.

Speaking of that, has there ever been a case where the rust around the front shock mounts has been so bad they they actually broke free from the body or came loose? I'm not really worried about that right now, but I'm not sure how bad they need to get before I have to worry.

I think it would take a lot for it to get that bad, and for an owner to let it get that bad, but let's see some pics. Also, make sure your rocker panels in front of the rear wheels are in good shape. Sometimes the sideskirts can hide a real mess.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back