The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

New member from the UK with 1996 Eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbryant_knight

Proven Member
Oct 15, 2012
Newcastle Upon, Europe
HI All.

My name is Peter and i come from Newcastle Upon Tyne in the United Kingdom.

I've recently bought myself a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Its the European version with the 4G63 engine.

A current member here, Eric from the UK, recommended this site as being the best for help and advice.

I plan on turning this Eclipse into a Fast and Furious replica. this has probably been done to death in the USA but These cars are as rare as hens teeth in the UK and i already have the Fast and Furious Supra so i took a chance on this car. I bought it blind (didn't see it first and had it trailered up) and have discovered that it already has problems. the engine management light is on (probably as the previous owner has totally removed the MAF when he fitted an aftermarket filter) and it has a leak from the water pump. I've already ordered the Water pump and a timing belt kit and booked the car into a garage to get them fitted. I just hope this is the only mechanical problems i have as i really want to get started on the conversion.

Just thought i'd intoruduce myself properly before i start asking questions. Like i said, these cars are rare over here so there is not a lot of knowledge about them. I hope to gain knowledge from here and also, eventually, be able to share that with other members as i have done on other forums.

I hope that my stay here is a long and prosperous one :)

Peter

Welcome to the forum Peter, I am sure you will find some great help here.

thanks old sid.

I'm finding it rather hard to navigate, compared to other forums i belong to. The newbie forum confuses me not being able to post in the regular forums and search for threads etc. I'm sure i'll get the hang of it though. :)

Peter

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back