The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New member '98 TSi

Puddlejumper

Probationary Member
Aug 27, 2022
Newtown, Maryland
Hello all. It has been 20 years since I was in a DSM. I started in 1998 with a Talon ESi Automatic transmission. It was Polo/Monarch green. My next DSM was a red 1990 Eclipse GSX. With the pop up headlights! That was a super cool little car. Now 20 years later I have found that these cars are just nowhere to be found anymore. I couldn't believe that what I considered to be an iconic car would just disappear from the scene like that. Last week I found a green Talon TSi AWD that looked just like my first Talon. I was able to strike a deal and the car is in my driveway. It has a ton of stuff done to it but I do need to get some tweaks done. Biggest problem right now is some idle surge, so I'm going through the idle surge checklist. It also has a welded center diff and that is affecting it's daily drivability. After I've driven it a few months I will decide if it is worth swapping back to stock or if I can live with it. I also have no experience with ECM link so that is going to be a huge learning curve but I think a fun one. My plan is to do a resto-mod of sorts. Cosmetic restoration with keeping the performance upgrades for a nice, spicy daily driver.

Thanks for letting me join your group.
Dave

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds