1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

New Main Page Recent Activity Feedback

Posted by TSiAWD666, Jun 1, 2018

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    Something broke yesterday when I tried re-enabling the old homepage setup. It crashed the database. Google bots happened to be spidering the website at the same time, which put heavy loads on the server... it's been a fun 24 hours.

Long story short, I will install a new plugin to make a new homepage available, similar in looks to the old homepage. I'm not going to risk using that old plugin and crashing the database again. Once the search rebuild is complete I'll get working on it - the search broke a few days back and I'm running a script to re-index all 4.4 million posts. It's been running for several hours.

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 6K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  2. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    Its much better now thanks Chris @Ludachris , things are working well so far and the odd cannot load page but i think its alot clearer on the main page now,

1 issue i noticed is when people comment on someones build thread it then changes the ops picture to whom ever last commented, its a bit confusing as i use pics as a reference to whos thread it is sometimes, wondering whats causing this?

Pic attached, the thread 98 time trial build is GSXitement and has a grey DSM but is not his threads main picture? The last guy commenting's pic is there instead? Screenshot_20180608-222438.png

Road Race Build 8K  47

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  3. Ludachris

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    Hey Bobby, we're using a completely different system for the homepage so some of the rendering details will be different. We didn't just revert back to the old set up. So it's not necessarily that it's not working correctly, it's just working differently. I'll have to take a look.

Street Build 8K  0

manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 6K  23

4. Ludachris

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    I think I was able to change it to be more intuitive, like it was before. Check it out.

Street Build 8K  0

manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 6K  23

5. lasthope05

lasthope05 Proven Member

Joined Mar 31, 2006
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    There's still issues with the mobile page.

1. The top left settings button (3 lines) doesn't expand a menu. Instead it just brings you to the home page.

2. The same settings button under your post to allow for editing... Etc. Does not work.

6. Ludachris

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    What kind of phone?

Street Build 8K  0

manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 6K  23

7. lasthope05

lasthope05 Proven Member

Joined Mar 31, 2006
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Nevermind, false alarm. It was just my Android browser. I had scripts disabled that was blocking the menu from coming up. Everything is all good now.