The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

NEW LOGS: can't get timing up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is simple, try a richer setting and log again.

Try to input -34% also depends on your injectors..most 680cc injectors really only perform like 650cc's

To the origional poster, don't think you answered the question of when you see full boost on your gauge? According to your log your spool looks very late for an evoIII, maybe boost/exhaust leak, wg actuator etc. To do a boost leak test check everything, pipes, couplers, jpipe, throttle body, vacuum hoses, injectors etc. Pull the recirculate tube off the bov and make sure it isn't leaking. I know NB O2's aren't good to judge your tune but they do seem to be on the high side. This could indicate a rich tune because of a boost leak.

ok, i will lower my fuel tom and do a pull with airflow and nb o2's, can i check my base timing with my pocketlogger? as far as me not knowing, exactly, i said i am in the learning stage and asked where i coould learn, please don't make this into a flame thread, i am trying to fix a major problem. i hope the advice continues. i will have a new wb sensor in my car in a couple of days and will be able to get a wb reading with rpm's attached.

When you do the boost leak test use your ears and your eyes. Listen very carefully for any escaping air. Rotate your throttle and see if any air leaks past the o-rings. Make sure there are no leaks between the MAF sensor and the turbo.

Your safc setting shouldn't be at -43% unless you have your fuel pressure above stock. you should be somewhere in the -30 range. Screw O2 volts they are completely useless, my car is around .82 with 11:1 A/F, I had a GST that was around .94 at 11:1, so it doesn't mean anything.

I would start over. Do the boost leak test again, fix ANY leaks. Check your base fuel pressure with the vacuum line off, if you don't have a gauge get one. Make sure your fuel pressure is 43 psi with the vacuum line off.

Set your safc settings to somewhere around -30. Tune the low throttle settings and get your fuel trims where they should be, then tune the high throttle settings.

olmytsi said:
You want to raise fuel, not lower it :)

Looks like rich knock to me, not lean. I'm with CanadianTSi, still sounds like you have a boost leak. You still haven't answered, what rpm are you seeing full boost at on your boost gauge and what psi are you running?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i'm at 19psi, i hit full boost around 3900-4000 rpm which is really high i know for an evo3.

this log is me adding fuel to -35% and then -38% at 6400 rpms's and up, where as before it was -42% and -44%.

You got more timing up top this time.

3 things i think you should do:

1- check for boost leaks
2- check your wastegate flapper to see if it's closing ( this is one of the reasons why i like 02 dumps, you hear it if the gate isn't closing fully)
3- check your base timing. Is it posisble that your t belt skipped some teeth?

Just like the log indicated, your spool time is way to slow for the evoIII, before you do anymore tuning, check for boost & exhaust leaks & make sure the WG actuator is functioning correctly. You should be spooling that turbo in the low to mid 3000's. There's no point in doing more tuning if you have leaks as once you get them fixed you will have to do it all over again.

i'm going to try and do a boost leak test tom or thursday, the ol personal life has been in the way, i checked my exhaust mani today and found a nut gone, so i gotta replace that, i went to the mitsu dealer and got a new pcv valve, idle screw o-ring, and new exh mani nuts, so i will put those on and see what happens.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

new log after exhaust leak was fixed, doing a boost leak test tonight, waiting on pcv valve and o-ring for screw to come in from mitsu to replace with. just need to fix where i hit full boost and i think we could have the situation resolved....HOPEFULLY!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back