The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink new log without pos maft

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM's 4 life

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2011
Buffalo, New_York
Here is a new log My idle surge has been greatly reduced I removed my maft and got ecm's maf cable. I am seeing my ISC position high around "90" when it should be 30's my biss screw is tightened all the way and is not leaking

idlesurge [ECMTuning - wiki]

I also had my AEM eugo set to p000 not p004 so that should help my afr readings as well.

Attachments

• log.2012.08.04-01.elg
    290 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
DId not look at log, but if ISC value is at 90, when you turn your ac on car will most likely stall out. I had the exact same value and problem. Adjust my biss and the best i could get was 45, not the recommended 30. But nonetheless, ac kicks on and car stays running now!
I would check ISC and also any restictions pre throttle body that would cause the isc to open that much just to idle.

DId not look at log, but if ISC value is at 90, when you turn your ac on car will most likely stall out. I had the exact same value and problem. Adjust my biss and the best i could get was 45, not the recommended 30. But nonetheless, ac kicks on and car stays running now!
I would check ISC and also any restictions pre throttle body that would cause the isc to open that much just to idle.

My AC has been deleted but I was having the issue you described with my power steering.

I am stimulating idle switch in ecm link through the TPS I adjusted my maf comp and lessened the 0-100hz values

You are idling in the 600-700hz range, so you need to adjust there. Its normal when using the GM MAF cable and V3. That's where mine is...

Much better than the POS MAFT isn't it? :thumb: Is your GM MAF in draw-thru or blow-thru?

You actually need to loosen your BISS screw to allow more airflow to bypass the throttle plate and the ISC value will drop. The higher the ISC number the more the ISC is open to compensate for your BISS screw not being open enough. The max value is 120, so you don't have a lot of room left when you get a high load at idle if you're already at 90.

You're locked in open loop so your fuel trims won't adjust and control you're idle. From 132-142 sec your car goes into closed loop and pulls fuel to its max neg. Your really rich according to your simulated frt O2. Why are you locked in open loop and simulating frt O2?

Your global fuel should be -18.2 for 550 inj not -15.2. That would explain your rich condition. What is your fuel pressure?

You are idling in the 600-700hz range, so you need to adjust there. Its normal when using the GM MAF cable and V3. That's where mine is...

Much better than the POS MAFT isn't it? :thumb: Is your GM MAF in draw-thru or blow-thru?

You actually need to loosen your BISS screw to allow more airflow to bypass the throttle plate and the ISC value will drop. The higher the ISC number the more the ISC is open to compensate for your BISS screw not being open enough. The max value is 120, so you don't have a lot of room left when you get a high load at idle if you're already at 90.

You're locked in open loop so your fuel trims won't adjust and control you're idle. From 132-142 sec your car goes into closed loop and pulls fuel to its max neg. Your really rich according to your simulated frt O2. Why are you locked in open loop and simulating frt O2?

Your global fuel should be -18.2 for 550 inj not -15.2. That would explain your rich condition. What is your fuel pressure?

I'm definitley running rich but isn't my afpr reading lean?
I was locked in closed because I was attempting to calculate my Afr gauge with the logged value.
You mentioned blow through and flow through? Is that the directional arrow on the gm maf I have it pointed into the tb.
I thought I had to stimulate front 02? My aem is in the o2 housing

I am stimulating idle switch in ecm link through the TPS

Any reason why? If you're running a 2g TPS (4 pins) I'd uncheck that and let it do its thing.

You mentioned blow through and flow through? Is that the directional arrow on the gm maf I have it pointed into the tb.

Blow thru - GM MAF in UCIP
Draw thru- GM MAF in intake pipe

DSM's 4 life said:
I thought I had to stimulate front 02? My aem is in the o2 housing

You do.

You need to work on your idle. You don't have your AirflowPerRev or CombinedFT set properly. Watch all of these videos, especially #8 as it will help you set your idle. Before doing this, make sure your base fuel pressure is correct, no boost leaks, get ISCPosition adjusted to around 30, uncheck the "lock in open loop" box, etc.
ECMTuning, Inc.

I loosened my biss screw to the point of almost removeing it it seems to just cause my idle to rise around 2k rpm and the value only went down to 70

I have a Blow through setup

I adjusted my maf comp in the 700 hz range and the value doesnt decrease but my car almost stalls if i reduce it more than 9%

why is my front o2 voltage not osolateing like the video in ecm link

EDIT: I researched more about isc motors and i guess that it is normal to see 40ohms across the pins but I did replace the scew on the isc, it was striped and would not tighten a possiable leak and i also found that I am missing my biss screw o ring I am going to pick one up tomorow people said size #5 o-ring

Its not oscillating cause you have the ECU locked in open loop. It is ignoring the frt O2, which is reading rich. Have you unchecked the "lock in open loop" box to see how the ECU controls closed loop? The brief 10 sec it controlled it in the first log had the STFT pegged max neg in 10 secs. Your ECU thinks you are rich too, but it can't do anything about it in open loop...

I don't really trust a logged AEM WB since I had so many issues with them not logging accurately, but it seems to think you are rich most of the time too.

So why are you simulating your frt O2 with a WB? You have plenty of unused ECU inputs. It seems that maybe it isn't set up right or not logging correctly and causing you a lot of hassle. Do you have a stock frt O2 you can throw in there while you get closed loop operations set up? It seems to me that it would be the easiest thing to do then after you get it set up right you can throw the WB on and worry about that.

So why are you simulating your frt O2 with a WB? You have plenty of unused ECU inputs. It seems that maybe it isn't set up right or not logging correctly and causing you a lot of hassle. Do you have a stock frt O2 you can throw in there while you get closed loop operations set up? It seems to me that it would be the easiest thing to do then after you get it set up right you can throw the WB on and worry about that.

what should I be doing with the front 02?
what do I wire into the ecu inputs I have the baro and ita open from my ecm cable free to use

My old o2 was messed up I actually had to replace my o2 housing since it messed up the threads.

Sorry, I haven't simulated a WB before and don't know how to wire it into the ECU input on a 2G. I was just suggesting a simpler way to get your closed loop dialed in. It eliminates variables to use the stock O2. It is fine using a WB to simulate the narrowband signal, I just have no experience doing it.

So, I don't know if your WB reading is correct and you are that rich, or if something is wrong with the install, the sensor, or the logged values and giving you a false reading causing idle issues.

Why is your global set at -15% instead of -18%?

What is your base fuel pressure?

Do you have any logs of the car idling and its not locked in open loop?

I definitley am that Ritch my eyes watter from the fumes And my plugs are wett

Afpr is set at43psi

I will get a new log in the morning I changed some values I just need to get a new biss o ring hopefully this helps my Isc reading

Attachments

• log.2012.08.06-01.elg
    73 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back