The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New Leather Seat Covers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widgmaster

Supporting VIP
Aug 24, 2018
Sarnia, ON_Canada
Hey guys and gals.... i got in touch with a company I use to deal with and asked them about making seat covers for the 1 and 2G Mitsubishi . They have responded and informed me that they can supply covers as follows

Hi Larry,

Although we do not have any patterns for the 1st Gen Eclipse the 2nd Gen Eclipse patterns are available as follows :

Available Applications :
1995 - 1999 - Eclipse GS
1995 - 1999 - Eclipse GST
1995 - 1999 - Eclipse RS
These are not slipcovers.. They are the actual skin replacement. As far as cost goes I have no idea but I'm sure they will be expensive .. I have no control over that. Stay tuned to this post as I will get the information you need to place an order directly from the company... Cut out the middle man... Hey, wait ...that's me... No problem... I am very happy to be able to get this lead for anyone needing a new interior...

P.S... they did say in the email that they can make seat skins for the 1G but it would cost $6500 and the car would have to be in California to have it done. Then after that, they could sell skins for less..It would be the work it takes to make a pattern off the originals why the cost would be so high... Okay ...who wants to be the first 1G :hellyeah:....

So is this shop that would install the covers located in California? Little confused on the post.. the actual leather skins come from a company in Canada but are installed by a shop in California?

This is what I did on my very first car. Replacing the actual fabric is 100% the way to go and I would LOVE to be able to source some from a company with a little more QC than my previous eBay encounter, but if I did this again to my own car it would only be to switch from leather to cloth.

Very interested in a replacement set of tan leather skins for my 98 spyder. Let me know once the price is worked out for the 2G!

So is this shop that would install the covers located in California? Little confused on the post.. the actual leather skins come from a company in Canada but are installed by a shop in California?
Yeh...I guess my post is a bit confusing... I posted what they gave me. I'm still working on this. The company that makes the covers is in Cali and the company I am in contact with is in Canada... I am trying to get a direct connection to the company in California so you guys in the states can order directly from them.. Bare with me...Sorry for the confusion. It's just good to know we have a place to get new skins for our seats

As an added note I should mention... I have installed the covers from the company in the U.S and they are top-notch. You could not ask for better workmanship. I think the price range is around a grand for both front and back seats in leather... plus they can be upgraded... You can have embroidery added to the headrests... top stitch can be a different color... the center panels can be a different color as well. I will get the info and get back to you guys.

Well if you could get 65 1g owners in on it, they would each only have to pay $100 to get the covers, thats a great deal, or around 32 owners at around $200 each. The 2g covers are very interesting, maybe there could be a group buy on them? how about new covers for the Evo seats even? 100% of those Recaro seats are trashed.

Well if you could get 65 1g owners in on it, they would each only have to pay $100 to get the covers, thats a great deal, or around 32 owners at around $200 each. The 2g covers are very interesting, maybe there could be a group buy on them? how about new covers for the Evo seats even? 100% of those Recaro seats are trashed.
Um.. thats not how it works @motomattx ... What they are saying is the first car would cost $6500.00... That would be for the set up { Patterns } and the covers. The next person to order would get his covers for around a grand...I can see your wishful thinking ...65 cars at $100... that would not even cover the cost of leather... LOL.
I believe it would be the same price for the Evo...or Recaro seats?

I was playing around at the website where I use to get custom covers { Leather Seat Skins } Here is an example of something you could order. The cover you get is as nice as the cover you see in the picture. Believe me... I have been working with these people for years and never had any trouble with them at all.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Your right on the money @Dericsh ... The company I am talking to is Katzkin. I use to be an installer for them in Southwestern Ontario. Anyone who bought their produce could have the covers installed by me and Katzkin would pay me. I am going to see if they will sponsor our site so everyone will have a direct link to them...Maybe even a percentage off for ordering through DSMTuner..... I will let you know as things progress ....

Okay, guys & gals... It is official... You can get new seat skins from Katzkin Interiors... They only have patterns for the 2 G and you can have them done in leather or vinyl. You can choose from a wide variety of combinations. Here is the link to their website... https://katzkin.com/ or you can call 1-888-528-9546 ...when it answers press 2 to place your order... I talked to them about a discount and the only way to do that would be to become an installer again and I am retired... besides I don't have a shop anymore.
At least now we know we can get seat skins...

Too bad the web site does not allow you see the Eclipse seats. Is there another way?

Tried to get through the options for a direct grey leather GSX trim stock replacement, and it looks like $1100 ? Is this the price range they are talking about on the phone?

Last edited:
How hard is the install?
Not too bad. Hog rings are a pain to deal with but besides that, it’s not difficult. Speed academy just did supra seats and they used zip ties in some areas.

Okay, Guys... I got the information about seat skins...
You can Email any questions to.... [email protected]
Lorena's direct connect 323 720 8804
Her hours of work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8.30 AM to 2.30 PM
2cd and 4th Saturday of each month 8AM to Noon
Lorena will let you know what is available......Happy shopping....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back