The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G New ISC Procedure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paturk

Probationary Member
Aug 8, 2022
Georgia
I tried hunting down the procedure on vfaq, but it seems like a lot of pages are no longer available. I have been having some bouncy idle issues after maintenance items. I installed new plugs and wires. FIAV block off plate, new biss and isc. Is there a procedure to relearn the idle or process new ISC/IAC? Heads up the car idled fine and Thames sat for a year, and I am did a bunch of maintenance.

Last edited:
No just install the isc, doesn't need to relearn anything
I guess it is back to the drawing board then with my idle issue. Thank you. From what I can tell it can be a multitude of things, so I guess I’ll make sure again no vacuum and boost leaks, and check out the ECU.

Yep could be several things still
I haven’t even driven it more than about 5 minutes since putting it back together. Do you think that would help at all, or should I figure out my issue first so I don’t cause any damage?

Not to sound like a broken record but do a boost leak test.

I just did one and found a less than 6 month old injector seal hissing like a banshee.

So many places air can enter

I just did one and found a less than 6 month old injector seal hissing like a banshee.

Yeah I will be doing one this morning. Thanks.

Well turns out the manual boost controller that was already on the car was leaking quite a bit. I took that off and car stopped bouncing in idle. Also turns out the aftermarket exhaust manifold I got from a friend is buns and leaks as well. Thanks a ton

I would not have guessed that either of those could be the issue. Shouldn’t be making any boost at idle. Not sure how a leak in the exhaust would factor in to poor idle.
Glad it worked out, though, for whatever the cause.

Well turns out the manual boost controller that was already on the car was leaking quite a bit. I took that off and car stopped bouncing in idle. Also turns out the aftermarket exhaust manifold I got from a friend is buns and leaks as well. Thanks a ton
At least you got your answers!

I would not have guessed that either of those could be the issue. Shouldn’t be making any boost at idle. Not sure how a leak in the exhaust would factor in to poor idle.
Glad it worked out, though, for whatever the cause.
Yeah I believe because it was right where vacuum enters the boost controller it was one of the small ports on it that was leaking.

Yeah I believe because it was right where vacuum enters the boost controller it was one of the small ports on it that was leaking.
Bingo! Boost leaks are 99 percent of the time also vacuum leaks

Yoir manifold wont cause that idle surge though so good thing you got it adressed before you build power.

Get those fixed and test again until there are no more.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back