The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A New injectors flooded my cylinders

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gmosiman

Proven Member
Sep 2, 2021
Elkhart, Indiana
Okay so back to the amateur questions. I bought 775cc FIC injectors, deatschwerks DW300 pump, and aeromotive fpr 30-100psi adjustable. I threw them all in when I put this engine together and put it in. No tune yet.. I was fully aware that running the car for too long without a tune with this stuff in was NOT GOOD. But I need it to start. I don't want to take it in to get a tune and an ecu if I can't even be sure it will start. So I've tried starting it. And the first few times I got it to fire, and even run for a second. Like literally a second or 2. But I had oil leaks so I've torn the car apart to fix that stuff. It's all back together, and I've tried starting it again. But this time, I'm getting fuel out of my exhaust manifold and the turbo has some too. So it's obvious I've flooded the cylinders and plugs but what other damage can this do??
I did unplug the pump and dry fire the engine to clean the cylinders. I always did this as a kid on dirt bikes but I figured this was okay because all I'm doing is cleaning the cylinders via the compression. Just a little worried that there is something I've missed while doing this

if you needed to make sure it would start, you should have put the stock injectors back in.

stock injectors are 240cc. there is no way to get it to idle on that big of an injector with the stock ecu.
maybe if you had 440s you could lower the fuel pressure enough to get it to idle but thats about it.

you should take your spark plugs out and disconnect the coil. then crank it over for like 2 seconds and then let the gas evaporate.
change your oil too.
Flooding it will wash the oil off the cylinder walls and rings. what ever gets past the rings will endup in the crankcase

at least nothing caught on fire. if gas was leaking out of the manifold, it could have been bad

The stock ecu is ass at controlling fuel in the first place. No way it could ever controll an aftermarket fuel system. I doubt you could even make that setup work with an SAFC.
Yeah, the goal was never to run the car for more than a Minute or 2. I just wanted to make sure I have good oil pressure, no coolant leaks, good alternator connections and so on, ya know, just get a rough idle.
I didn't really think about just how much fuel the injectors would spit out. At 25psi😅

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back