The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

new here

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamLaserRS

Probationary Member
Jul 28, 2021
Pine grove ca, California
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, and relatively new to the DSM world. I have done a lot of research on these cars, although I am still learning a lot about them. I started out with Honda platforms, and then moved to the Subaru platform, both platforms have taught me a lot, and gave me a real deep appreciation for all cars. Honestly, I can say that I was one of those kids that grew up with The Fast and The Furious franchise, and it started an interest in the automotive world for me. Now, before I got into Subaru, I tried a Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, but unfortunately it was a total lemon and the car lasted about 4 months before I completely gave up on it. Today, I am proud to say I am the owner of a 1990 Plymouth Laser RS, and a 2002 Subaru WRX, both of these cars are my dream cars the only one missing is an EVOIII. I just wanted to share a little bit about myself, so thank you to those who read this, and I look forward to share my knowledge with you all and hopefully learning something new from all of you, thanks again!

Adam

Welcome! I had a few Hondas that I sorely miss. Never quite got the Subaru bug, but I started off in the Miata scene way back before they became overpriced. The awd 4g63 platform is where it’s at and this site is a honey hole of knowledge.

Thanks guys! I have to say I miss my old civic for sure, but as far as fwd cars go my laser is the most fun I’ve had in a fwd car. Ive yet to experience the beauty of the mitsu awd platform, but if it’s anything like the asymmetrical awd in my Subaru, I may covert my laser to awd. I know it will require a lot of work, but I have the skill set to do it, and this forum is definitely a honey hole for useful knowledge.

I thought the Laser RS was AWD?! RS for Rallye Sport…

What year civic? I had a 88 hatchback that was the biggest turd but wish I still owned.

Last edited:
In 1990, the RS Laser was a FWD model, I have one identical to my AWD Talon, both built the same day, same plant, same color. Now how did THAT happen....?
Welcome to the forum, always glad to have new members.
Do us a favor and fill out a profile for the car so we know what YOU know :thumb:
Here is the link to it.....
Glad to have you on here, it is a wealth of knowledge between all of the members.
Marty

What year civic? I had a 88 hatchback that was the biggest turd but wish I still owned.
No that isn't true. Additionally there were no pop-up 90 91 awd lasers. 92 to 94 only for awd lasers and even then rs does not mean awd.

No that isn't true. Additionally there were no pop-up 90 91 awd lasers. 92 to 94 only for awd lasers and even then rs does not mean awd.
I learned today. I also didn’t state it as fact, there was a ? In there..

All wheel drive is synonymous with Rallying so I tend to forget that FWD and RWD also compete. Branding is also just branding.

When I was car shopping earlier this year, I had seen a later model Laser RS for sale near me that was AWD. So when I saw FWD, it had thrown me for a loop. Good to know when I’m out looking for parts cars.

I honestly don’t know what Plymouth meant with rs, but it’s still a very fun car. I had a 1990 civic base, I spent a lot of time and money making it a fun car. So much money to not make any power, but make it a really good handling civic hatchback.

In 1990, the RS Laser was a FWD model, I have one identical to my AWD Talon, both built the same day, same plant, same color. Now how did THAT happen....?
Welcome to the forum, always glad to have new members.
Do us a favor and fill out a profile for the car so we know what YOU know :thumb:
Here is the link to it.....
Glad to have you on here, it is a wealth of knowledge between all of the members.
Marty
I will definitely fill it out, I’m always glad to share what I know

I learned today. I also didn’t state it as fact, there was a ? In there..

All wheel drive is synonymous with Rallying so I tend to forget that FWD and RWD also compete. Branding is also just branding.

When I was car shopping earlier this year, I had seen a later model Laser RS for sale near me that was AWD. So when I saw FWD, it had thrown me for a loop. Good to know when I’m out looking for parts cars.
Sorry that was just meant to be information.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back