The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugnut87

Probationary Member
Jun 22, 2014
Portage, Michigan
Hey guys, I'm Keith. Just wanted to introduce myself here. I've been a thread stalker off and on here using this boards vast knowledge of what to, and not to do to the good ole boosted wonder we all own and love. I was saved from the boosted noob mistake of the open atmosphere BOV. LOL

I own a black on gray 95 GS-t 5 speed. So far I've completed a 2gb nose swap, and installed a blackworks aluminum radiator, aside from completely assembling my car from a box of parts, and another wrecked talon. It's been up and running for about two years now and still going strong and still stock, aside for the 3" turbo back and poly suspension bushings.

I'm struggling with the idea of selling it, or just locating parts for an AWD swap, (I've done the research on the swap I know what I'm getting into) . The FWD has to go either way. If anyone knows of a GSX roller around I'd be interested in hearing about it, or if anyone is interested in buying a GS-t I'm open for offers, I have pictures I can send anyone.

But, not trying to post off topic, I just wanted to introduce myself to the board, I live in Michigan, but closer to Chicago than Detroit, so here I am!

Hey guys, I'm Keith. Just wanted to introduce myself here. I've been a thread stalker off and on here using this boards vast knowledge of what to, and not to do to the good ole boosted wonder we all own and love. I was saved from the boosted noob mistake of the open atmosphere BOV. LOL

I own a black on gray 95 GS-t 5 speed. So far I've completed a 2gb nose swap, and installed a blackworks aluminum radiator, aside from completely assembling my car from a box of parts, and another wrecked talon. It's been up and running for about two years now and still going strong and still stock, aside for the 3" turbo back and poly suspension bushings.

I'm struggling with the idea of selling it, or just locating parts for an AWD swap, (I've done the research on the swap I know what I'm getting into) . The FWD has to go either way. If anyone knows of a GSX roller around I'd be interested in hearing about it, or if anyone is interested in buying a GS-t I'm open for offers, I have pictures I can send anyone.

But, not trying to post off topic, I just wanted to introduce myself to the board, I live in Michigan, but closer to Chicago than Detroit, so here I am!
Good luck sir[DOUBLEPOST=1408752612][/DOUBLEPOST]

Good luck sir

No need for luck, the cars long gone now. On to bigger and better things.

I'm also new here I've been a thread stalker for a while

Just bought a 1991 tsi panda cleaner than your underwear but under the good is a jack job need help and advice from any one in michigan I'm in the greater detroit area. For starters I need to locate a manual awd wiring harness so it can be re ran clean. The prior owner swapped to a 5 speed their are connectors under the hood not connected open connectors on the trans not connected pulled the unbolted ecu out to find the harness was never swapped because the tcu connectors are still protruding into the cabin from the fire wall. So any help is appreciated.

If the 1G is anything like the 2G, and it should be similar, the manual and auto engine side of the harnesses are damn near identical, aside from the addition of the transmission computer and associated harness with a few splices between the two harnesses. I personally turned a 2G auto trans engine harness into a maual trans engine harness, simply by removing the entire harness from the car, cutting open all the tape, and removing the auto trans harness from the bundle, of course there where the few splices that I had to cut and re-solder. Also, just to be sure my car would run once I re-installed the harness, I compaired the auto and manual wiring diagrams to my harness to ensure that all the pins in the ECM plugs where correct, and properly color coded so that I could eliminate any wiring issues the car had prior to my ownership, and trust me, from the amount of bare wires and butt connectors it had, it was a short waiting to happen.

Over-all it took me a solid two days, a 12 pack, a pacakge of heat shrink, and a little bit of flux and solder to complete the transition.

This job is NOT for the electical noob, you need to be able to read a wiring diagram very well and pay attention to detail, otherwise your best off locating a complete manual harness to swap in.

I wish you luck with your car, if there is anything I can help you with feel free to get a hold of me.

I agree I just don't understand why some one would jack it the way they did... Its set @20th psi on a maf tune no wideband his poo poo garbage the engine and wiring is

That, my friend, is something no one will ever understand. In the great world of Dsm, there is always a hack job teenager who thinks they know best and for some reason cut wires and butt connectors are always their best friends!

Another question. Do you or can any one direct me to a proper 1ga aftermarket intake manifold or to another one that will fit like from an evo 3 etc. I refuse to spend a grand on a magnus but don't mind spending around 400. Checked JMF but the street version and race version costs exactly the same and like all aftermarket parts their are a f*** ton of options to add that make it super expensive. I'm trying to do it rite but not break the bank.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back