The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

new here

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagleturbo

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2012
lexington, North_Carolina
Hello every one my names is James,I just bought my first 2g eagle talon tsi awd 5spd, all stock with 136,000 miles

Welcome to the club! There's a welcome thread you can post in as well. I won't be able to help much mechanically, but I'm decent with electrical. Since you're boosted, I suggest doing a boost leak test :)

Welcome now hurry and run away before you lose your wallet...

kidding ROFL

Lmao^^

Welcome to the forum man! I think you will definitely find this to be the most, if not one of the most, helpful car forum out there. Nice find on the car as well!

Welcome to the all D.S.M site.

I bet everything is cool, and fun for you right now that you just got your 2g dsm, but now is the part where we make you take a step back, and realize that you need to install a new timing belt, and as well as doing a balance shaft elimination, or just replace all the timing belt accessories, and water pump with new ones and call it a day till the next 60k miles or so.

Next up I’d recommend checking the brakes, at the least making sure they still have some meat left on them, I know most dsmers might think a big turbo or a fast and the furious double shot of N.O.S is the first mod, but I'd start with the engine or brakes if I were you. It would be a safe assumption that the car needs a tune-up or at least a checkup on all the common components.

Make sure to check to see if you have the 6 bolt or 7bolt motor
If it is the stock 7bolt motor (most likely) now is a good time to check for crank walk.

If you have any questions, do a search before you post on this site, as you may have heard this site has some questions that have been answered a billon times already.

Here is to hoping you enjoy your D.S.M.

Just go ahead and buy a gun then shoot yourself in the foot multiple times. You may enjoy that more. Seriously though there is nothing better than that aha moment when you realize you should have checked this or that a week ago. Good luck with it.

Welcome. The easiest part is over, you now own the car. Get ready to encounter the strangest stuff...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Good luck:)

You poor poor man. Before you get attached I would suggest taking up a cheaper and healthier addiction such as excercising or painting; hell, heroine is probably cheaper and healthier than DSM's.

before you take her panties off, you have to talk to her...:ninja:

when did this start, hell i been doing it wrong this whole time LOL

OP welcome to the dsm world, I agree with alot of the guys/girls above me. Make sure your cars in good shape before modding, and f you dont know how long its been since a timing belt then I would replace it.

also noone posted this up yet, but the vfaq will help you out alot.

also posts pics

VFAQ Site - Visual Frequently Answered Questions

wow, OK thank yall for the heads up, the guy I bought the car from just done new timing new belts, plugs wires and oil change.I got to take it back to him he wants to services the trans and the awd for me. as of right now its all stock im going monday to upgrade the exhaust from the down pipe back im going 3in to help let it breath. here two pics of the car
[/IMG]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back