The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

New here wanted to stop in and say hi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2009
Rosedale, New_York
Well hi fellow tunerz i have been browsin the website for quit some time and decided to make and appearance..ttttaaaaadddddaaaaaaa haha LOL..well i am suppose to be picking up a 1g eclipse gsx running with a built bottom end from my cousins bf for 850 yes i said it 850..my issue is i hear the brakes on them suck and ive seen alot of young ppl passing away in the racing/tuner world because of brakes or some other type of malfunctioning...but most of these ppl have been honda guys and they all feel that they fast and never worry about stopping but just want to go fast well i dont want my family being sad if something bad happens to me god forbid..so the big question is WHATS a good brake setup?? i have read a few things about the 3000gt 4 piston setup and that my type of stopping power i want... but still dont know how to put them on and yes i have read the other post but still dont understand does anyone mind reilaberating on this topic please...and once again HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIII GUYS

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

one butt shot i will try to get more

Last edited:
Well hi fellow tunerz i have been browsin the website for quit some time and decided to make and appearance..ttttaaaaadddddaaaaaaa haha LOL..well i am suppose to be picking up a 1g eclipse gsx running with a built bottom end from my cousins bf for 850 yes i said it 850..my issue is i hear the brakes on them suck and ive seen alot of young ppl passing away in the racing/tuner world because of brakes or some other type of malfunctioning...but most of these ppl have been honda guys and they all feel that they fast and never worry about stopping but just want to go fast well i dont want my family being sad if something bad happens to me god forbid..so the big question is WHATS a good brake setup?? i have read a few things about the 3000gt 4 piston setup and that my type of stopping power i want... but still dont know how to put them on and yes i have read the other post but still dont understand does anyone mind reilaberating on this topic please...and once again HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIII GUYS

1G DSM brakes are pretty good from what I've seen, but if you want a little more, upgrade your pads to something a little more performance spec, if you still want more, get some drilled\slotted rotors, they arent that expensive.

most of the guys dieng from shitty brakes being honda guys is because alot of the popular to tune honda's dont come with good brakes, and Honda drivers have never been the um...the most skillfull of drivers.

Friendly tip, please use spell check, good punctuation, try not to use to many local slang terms,and spelling; also try to not to use common abbreviations as if you were texting some one. abbreviations are fine, but only to an extent. :thumb:

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to Tuners, my small piece of advice is don't post anyway like you did in this post and you'll be fine. Other than that, a common upgrade on 1g's is the 92-94 brake upgrade or Cobra front brakes.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-suspension-brakes/341249-cobra-front-brakes-1g.html

I wouldn't worry too much about your brakes, they aren't THAT bad. You'll see a lot of high horsepower guys running stock brakes still.

gladly noted and and thank u for the heads up

Welcome to Tuners, my small piece of advice is don't post anyway like you did in this post and you'll be fine. Other than that, a common upgrade on 1g's is the 92-94 brake upgrade or Cobra front brakes.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-suspension-brakes/341249-cobra-front-brakes-1g.html

I wouldn't worry too much about your brakes, they aren't THAT bad. You'll see a lot of high horsepower guys running stock brakes still.

thank u for the heads up and i apologize for whatever i did wrong

yes welcome to the forum. And try to write more clearly and you will do just fine.

i apologize guys..i will get some pics up of my lovely deal when i get back to ny i think u guys will like it

I have no caliper, or rotor upgrade..I can stop on a dime with a 3200lb vehicle..With the exception of ceramic brake pads, and dot 4 fluid, I have no braking upgrades..And I can say that my stock setup has saved my life many a time from dumbasses in front of me..Especially female drivers in front of you, ROFL...

People die in the vehicles because of stupidity most of the time..But there are a few cases here and there where something malfunctioning caused an accident(Toyota being a prime example)...

I have only found one problem with stock brakes..If the lines are not cleaned out moisture and such tends to get in there rotting the piston in the calipers., causing the piston to get stuck..Happend to me when I first brough my gsx home..Never had a problem since..

I have no caliper, or rotor upgrade..I can stop on a dime with a 3200lb vehicle..With the exception of ceramic brake pads, and dot 4 fluid, I have no braking upgrades..And I can say that my stock setup has saved my life many a time from dumbasses in front of me..Especially female drivers in front of you, ROFL...

People die in the vehicles because of stupidity most of the time..But there are a few cases here and there where something malfunctioning caused an accident(Toyota being a prime example)...

I have only found one problem with stock brakes..If the lines are not cleaned out moisture and such tends to get in there rotting the piston in the calipers., causing the piston to get stuck..Happend to me when I first brough my gsx home..Never had a problem since..

so basically i wouldnt have no problem if u got some d/s rotors and new pads with some sb lines??

Since you asked and seem open to constructive criticism, "i" should be "I".

:D

hahaha i dont mind at all sir..thats the only way ppl will learn is from someone telling them there fault if any hahaha:D:D:D

So basically I wouldnt have any problem if you (I) got some d/s rotors and new pads with some sb lines??

hahaha I dont mind at all sir..thats the only way ppl will learn is from someone telling them their fault if any hahaha:D:D:D

Well that's good. And there is no reason not to go ahead and start now with the proper grammar. :)

Sorry... I couldn't resist. LOL

(Poor Toyota, use to be right at the top...now they are falling down to about where GM is reliability + Reputation wise....)

Yeah, the stock brakes are great, mine aren't fully stock (EBC Pads all round, EBC rear cross drilled rotors, and DOT-4 Fluid) but they do the job. Sure saved my butt today entering into the Apex of a round about with throttle off, and got completely side ways. Just came in, and when I went throttle off, the weight transferred to the front right, and through the back end around luckily with a quick tap of the brakes with some counter steering, and I saved it, and pulled hard right on out! :)

Came back around few mins later too look to see if anything special, and it was just a slick spot from other...enthusiasts tire's. lawlz

good to know about the brakes, i have a TSi with brake issues

whats kind of brake issues?

I know lots about brake's, Braking, and brake related things :)

There is a leak somewhere I think. The brakes have to be pumped up in order for them to work, the car has a bad transmission so its under construction now. I bought it in the condition its in so I'm not sure what caused the brake issue. I will probably have to just go over the system and look for a leak. Hopefully its just a line not a caliper.

There is a leak somewhere I think. The brakes have to be pumped up in order for them to work, the car has a bad transmission so its under construction now. I bought it in the condition its in so I'm not sure what caused the brake issue. I will probably have to just go over the system and look for a leak. Hopefully its just a line not a caliper.

I had a similar problem, from me boiling my brake fluid, but it went away after I let the car sit for awhile, and I bled them.

check your brake fluid resivior, it may be low. if it has plenty of fluid in it. Try bleeding the brakes you could just have some air bubbles, and then replacing any fluid that came out.

I had a similar problem, from me boiling my brake fluid, but it went away after I let the car sit for awhile, and I bled them.

check your brake fluid resivior, it may be low. if it has plenty of fluid in it. Try bleeding the brakes you could just have some air bubbles, and then replacing any fluid that came out.

yeah i will try that first.

yes let us know what happens please and hey guys i got a butt shot of the eclipse..LOL and i know it has a talons butt...and thas because thats how the previous owner did it

well I am not sure what the problem was i completely stripped the car for parts today... so the world will never know!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back