The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punx4life85

Probationary Member
Jun 20, 2007
kansas city, Kansas
Hey guys my names Beau. Just moved to kansas city, kansas from corpus christi, texas. i just bought a 91 awd turbo talon.... i replaced the timing, balance and all according belts, put a short throw shifter, boost guage, and boost controller. my boost controller doesn't do anything at all. i purchased a new t3/t4 turbo kit with bov and external wastegate, fmic, tubular manifold, fmic piping that i have no idea is gunna fit or not. i also got some shifter bushing kits i havent put on yet. the main reason i writing is cause i know no one here that knows anything about dsm's. im really strapped for cash so pro mechanics r out of the question.... if anyone can help me out would greatly b apreciated and i could throw some bones for it

Hey guys my names Beau. Just moved to kansas city, kansas from corpus christi, texas. i just bought a 91 awd turbo talon.... i replaced the timing, balance and all according belts, put a short throw shifter, boost guage, and boost controller. my boost controller doesn't do anything at all. i purchased a new t3/t4 turbo kit with bov and external wastegate, fmic, tubular manifold, fmic piping that i have no idea is gunna fit or not. i also got some shifter bushing kits i havent put on yet. the main reason i writing is cause i know no one here that knows anything about dsm's. im really strapped for cash so pro mechanics r out of the question.... if anyone can help me out would greatly b apreciated and i could throw some bones for it

You didnt happen to pick that kit up off eBay did you.....

Well youre going to have to get some oil lines (feed and drain) fabbed. Whether you go with brass fittings, adapters and AN fittings, or however else you would want to do it.
Also, youre O2 housing will no longer bolt up to your turbo, so youll need another one of those fabbed up. Then if you dont build your O2 housing to mate up to your downpipe, youll need a new downpipe.
You are also going to need a exhaust pipe for your wastegate fabbed up to plumb back into your exhaust (for emissions) or just run it to atmosphere.
I would also recommend getting some extra bracing welded on that manifold (they tend to crack), then heat wrapping and ceramic coating it to prevent rusting.
More than likely, depending on what kit you got, those charge pipes arent going to fit and may require some modification to work. Also the couplers that came with the kit are probably not high quality and will blow out in the near future.
The BOV will more than likely not hold higher boost for a while.
Speaking of higher boost, if you turn it up at all.... Youre in a whole new ballpark. Youll need more fuel (injectors, fuel pump, AFPR) and some kind of tuning (SAFC, DSMlink, chip)

But hey if you got all that straightened out, I live up here in IA and have some family down there.

Welcome to the scene.

i did get the kit from ebay...... i met this guy in lawrence that owns a muffler shop that said he would custom build a downpipe with a o2 spot to go directly to the turbo...... i have a aeromotive fuel pressure regulator...... my main prob is when i start my car it idles funny for a few mins... and my boost guage reads 15 lbs of vac....... the only time i get boost is when i floor it and maybe get 5 lbs. boost controller does nothin..... im stuck

What injectors?
What is your fuel pressure set at?
What brand of boost gauge and where are you tapping it into?
What type of boost controller? (electric or manual) and what brand is it?

Have you done a boost leak test?

EDIT wait, you have the kit installed with no O2 sensor, like no exhaust?

kits not on yet still running pos turbo, manuel boost controller, looks like turbo xs. autometer boost gauge i didnt do the install. its on the far right vac switch on drivers side on firewall......... man ive never owned anything with a turbo so im sorry for my lack of knowledge. i know that on the exaust manifold the far left bolt broke off and theres a small leak there..... i wish i knew more

the an fittings on my fpr were leaking so i went back to stock

hey i got a 1991 eclipse with a t3 turbo and when i get to about 4000-4500 rpms it bogs down and stutters but up till then it slams ## head into the seat....any idea what it could be PLEASE any input is appreciated

hey i got a 1991 eclipse with a t3 turbo and when i get to about 4000-4500 rpms it bogs down and stutters but up till then it slams ## head into the seat....any idea what it could be PLEASE any input is appreciated

sounds like fuel cutoff to me but ### do i know...................... im new to this thing

Sounds about right, fuel cut. If you're running more than 16psi boost on the stock injectors (and even that's pushing it) you're definitely going to hit fuel cut. Do a boost leak test too, might be able to squeeze out a little more in the meantime.

So punx, you are running everything stock except for the boost controller and boost gauge? If so, do a boost leak test. Check the tech section for a how to.

i went and looked at a the vac lines the only thing i can come up with is somewhere round the turbo is leaking

So you cant build any boost with the new turbo on? Get some more info to us,
And definitely get and or build a boost leak tester, Eliminate that to start with.

You'll be surprise as what will run perfect off boost but totally leak under boost very bad.

new turbos not on...... funds are low. im gunna build one (leak tester) and will update

Do not double-post.
Use descriptive thread titles.
Do not post multiple topics in one question.
Do not use "r" for "are".
Do not use "b" for "be".

And of course, welcome to DSMtuners. And don't even think of giving the Moderators any crap.

alright, i messed with vac lines and compressor housing and im getting 8 lbs of boost..... :thumb: but now its overheating..... my radiator fans arent kickin on...... i ran a dummy switch to them but if any one has any ideas throw them my way

got the fuel pressure reg on and its set to 37 w/ no vac and 27 w/ vac. umm put apexi auto timer on but the o2 reads 4.47 volts. put boshe sensor and no help. it eats alot of gas at 7psi and boost controller still not working:notgood:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back