The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

WTB New here, looking for a clean 2G GS to buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoolin6er

Probationary Member
Apr 4, 2022
Detroit, Michigan
Hey everyone, I'm starting what is probably an unusual project. I want to build a 2G "resto-mod". Basically goals are to have a clean, comfortable, and reliable 2G.

Planning to start with a GS and then mod it for comfort and reliable performance. Think re-tuned spring/dampers, bushings, sound deadening, bluetooth head unit/speakers, etc. Then if I'm happy with the chassis, some sort of modern engine swap down the road?

I know, i'm crazy, but i love the way these cars look and think that they have potential to be great with some work.

Here's what I'm after to start with. Let me know if you have any leads or ideas!

Needs:
- Rust free
- Interior needs to be in decent shape, leather prefered.
- Roller is acceptable, but will reduce price obviously

Wants:
- Prefer manual trans.
- Bonus if it's white with good paint
- '99 with black interior/white gauges would be great
- clean GST wing swap - icing on the cake

FYI the 99 10th anniversary car already comes with the high wing. Not all 99s I believe. There is a 10th anniversary edition NT car. Oddly there is no 10th anniversary turbo car.

Very interesting! Thanks for the info, I definitely did not know any GS's came with the high wing

I can't even find a normal clean GS, never mind a 10th AE, but that's some cool history to know!

That build is pretty similar to what I'm after, but less concerned about it being stock. Wish I could get lucky enough to findo something like that! I think I'm 5 years too late haha

I have good condition -95 ESi but not stock but haven't seen Turbo yet, I just rebuild the engine, suspension, brakes, interior and has rebuild transmission and new axles, located in Hattiesburg Mississippi. only thing is that I'm working on wiring harness, replacing it from 97 model and tucking it in, it only has a few more pigtails to solder in and it would be drivable again but I've had a moveout and all kind of stress on my shoulders so haven't finished it yet but was thinking you'd might be interested

I have good condition -95 ESi but not stock but haven't seen Turbo yet, I just rebuild the engine, suspension, brakes, interior and has rebuild transmission and new axles, located in Hattiesburg Mississippi. only thing is that I'm working on wiring harness, replacing it from 97 model and tucking it in, it only has a few more pigtails to solder in and it would be drivable again but I've had a moveout and all kind of stress on my shoulders so haven't finished it yet but was thinking you'd might be interested
Why are you swapping the wiring harness from a 97? I definitely prefer the eclipse body, but feel free to pm me some pictures!

Any reason you're not going after a turbo car?
Good question. It’s definitely easier to find one in good shape. But mostly I don’t trust the reliability as much and turbo parts only seem to be getting more expensive.

The GS seemed like a better option for a swap down the road. I’d feel bad chopping up a turbo car, but that might be my only option to find a nice one. Even before the swap, I almost prefer the better fuel economy/reliability of an NA car over the extra power (I say that, but I’ve never experienced the raw power of a 420a hahaha)

Good question. It’s definitely easier to find one in good shape. But mostly I don’t trust the reliability as much and turbo parts only seem to be getting more expensive.

The GS seemed like a better option for a swap down the road. I’d feel bad chopping up a turbo car, but that might be my only option to find a nice one. Even before the swap, I almost prefer the better fuel economy/reliability of an NA car over the extra power (I say that, but I’ve never experienced the raw power of a 420a hahaha)
Reliability is all a matter of maintenance. I can say that as my only source of transportation was a turbo dsm from 1992 to 2018. I chose to do so and yes I did have problems sometimes but geez how much can you ask of any car model.

Why are you swapping the wiring harness from a 97? I definitely prefer the eclipse body, but feel free to pm me some pictures!
facelift harness is better than 2ga, not to mention they don't sell 2ga sensors anymore and 2gb sensors do not fit 2ga harness and I nice -97 harness laying around from part out car, I'll PM you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back