The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New here, just picked up a 95 Talon project.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pwrtrip75

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2011
Janesville, Wisconsin
Im Marty from Janesville Wi.. Just picked this up and it needs a head gasket and water pump. 100% stock and solid. I found this site in search of clues to hidden bolts while trying to take the head off. This stuff is all new to me. :rolleyes: Just going to fix the problems and use it as a daily driver. Depending how I like it I may modify it, maybe put a bigger gas pedal in it and make it go faster.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

bigger gas pedal to make it go faster??????? OH MY STOP

Welcome, +1 on the VFAQ good source for information. Also searching the site with google can make it easier to find what you need. Just a tip. Cheers!

If you'd read, it it inferred that the gas pedal is small and he'd like a bigger one and he'd like to make it faster.

OP, welcome to the forums. I'd bookmark VFAQ Site - Visual Frequently Answered Questions. I'm sure you'll enjoy your car! Any engine bay pics?

Joel

You mean a bigger gas pedal wont make it go faster? ;)

I took the head off the other night and waiting on parts now.

Hi, Marty. I'm new here and recently got a DSM with a blown head gasket too. Good luck with your repair. Nice lookin car.
You may concider replacing the timing componants too.
Do you know Joe from Zeibart in Janesville? He has a kickass 69 Chevelle.

Hi, Marty. I'm new here and recently got a DSM with a blown head gasket too. Good luck with your repair. Nice lookin car.
You may concider replacing the timing componants too.
Do you know Joe from Zeibart in Janesville? He has a kickass 69 Chevelle.

I dont know him.. Ive seen the chevelle I think.. Purple right? Yes, im replacing all the belts too. 166k miles on it and I think all of the belts were original. Timing belt was dry rotted and cracked pretty bad.

You mean a bigger gas pedal wont make it go faster? ;)

Sorry to be the one to have to break it to you :( haha.

Nice car man, looks like it's going good. Only mods that I could see from those pics appear to be the K&N FIPK. Nice find. How long till she's back on the road?

Joel

Sorry to be the one to have to break it to you :( haha.

Nice car man, looks like it's going good. Only mods that I could see from those pics appear to be the K&N FIPK. Nice find. How long till she's back on the road?

Joel

Thanks..
I ordered head studs and then a timing belt/water pump kit. The studs showed up today, still no belt/WP kit. I have it all taken apart and cleaned up, tomorrow im going to put new valve seals in and hope the rest of the parts show up.. Finish it up this weekend probably.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back