The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

new guy saying hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEVERENI

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2012
Minersville, Pennsylvania
Hey all! I'm new to the forums here.
I've recently aquired a shell from a 91 awd tsi in great shape. I will hopefully be starting a project build this week.

In the works:

2.3l stroker
forged pistons/rods
HX40w holset turbo
272 cams
FMIC
650cc injectors
GM MAS
ARP studs/bolts
ACT 2600 clutch

and more and more :sneaky:

I might be needing a 4-bolt rear soon

Can you guys recommend good places to shop that aren't gonna kill my funds?
I can use all the support and advice that you guys can give as well. :D

+1 on extremepsi!

They have almost everything you need and not far at all. You might want to get larger injectors if you're going to run that hx40 and go dsmlink speed density.

Yeah your the second one to say that. I was thinking of going straight for 1000cc injectors from RC. I'm looking for 300-400hp street. I wanna show these ricers around here how you build a real car...then show uo to the Honda meet ROFL

great minds think alike.. i HATE honda's.. they are all bark and no bite.. i want to build an AWD elantra 4g63t or get one of them ugly ass green and yellow autoparts warehouse hyndai's and awd swap it just so i can pull up next to them and make them cry when the light turns green..

Well i figured i'd continue the post since my talon just arrived today finally. :hellyeah:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

91 TSI awd turbo

Sry for the blurry pic it was taken from my phone.

Great news. The guy i bought the shell from has 5 storage units full of 1g parts and told me to make a shopping list of what i want LOL. Got a fresh cleaned 6 bolt bottom end, and a ported head.

Plans this month:
-full tear down to shell :pray:pray for no rust

I have to ask.. Is it the pic or does your hood not have the infamous "hump" on it?? If it doesn't I am sure that is a 1.8 1g hood. I don't think it would come close to clearing your cam gears once you install the motor....

Yes it does have the hump, its just not visable with the flat black paint.

SO new updates i just got a load of parts today. :D

-ported head
-Evo 3 intake manifold
-GM maf
-550 injectors
-td05 turbo
-forced performance exhaust manifold
-tein springs / tokiko shocks
-full 3" exhaust
-punishment racing fmic w/ welded piping
-bov and wastegate
-2 newer doors
-a nicer hood
-3000gt calipers
-4 bolt rear
-forged pistons and rods
(not sure of brands yet but he wasnt a low baller on his parts so)

er i think i'm forgetting stuff ...
anyways a friend had a 90 laser awd and he got hit and parted everything to me for my 97 accord shell. :hellyeah:

So plans altered a bit, i'm going to finish the motor while looking for a stroker crank, and piece the car together.

Plans this month (new):
-clean, gut and degrease
-paint engine bay
-powder coat calipers
-powder coat valve cover
-powder coat lower control arms

I will start with what i now have, and upgrade as i get new items.

Will do this weekend everything is in pieces atm and i work full time so. Pics will be coming of the full build process. I am so stoked right now! :D Motor is at the machine shop until Monday so.

Picked up an ACT 2900 clutch today as well as an alternator, starter, and arp studs. Its looking like I might have to save for an eagle 2.4 stroker crank as I'm having no luck finding a reman 6 bolt crank.

Got piles of parts last night! My head unfortunately wasn't done yet so no pics yet. I did however get the valve cover ill be shaving and painting.

Yet to buy:

-new power brake booster
-new clutch master and slave
-radiator (prob going with an aluminum aftermarket with a slimline fan set)
-head gasket set
-hx40 turbo!!!

other then that i just need new brakes rotors ect. Easy stuff i hope. Sorry to :boring: you all but i'm so excited about this build!

Sounds like a good build man! It would probably be easier to put it in the Build/Journals section though so we can see when updates and stuff from just you, it's a lot more organized. But anyways welcome and I'll be checking up on this thread!

Its been months but I'm finally starting this build. Lost my job due to unforeseen circumstances, and relocated to Minersville, about an hour away from where i was before. So ... the car is here now and i gathered up all my parts.

New job at Autozone will help with some of the stuff needed but it will be a few months before this build gets exciting as most of the work will be tearing down cleaning and starting from page 1. Will keep this thread posted with pics on progress.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back