The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

New guy in buffalo ny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aww_420

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2012
Cheektowaga, New_York
Hey everyone, Names Aaron. Figured i start an intro thread. Ive been lurking and snagging up interior pieces. I bought my 96 eclipse spyder gst almost 3 years ago and have spent the better part of the last 2 summers fixing all the dumb ricer/ghetto rigged shit the previous owner did and adding a few bolt ons. I know i should get some logging and fuel management first but I need something shiny and new every once in while to keep me motivated. Now that I am done paying for a wedding and school i can finally start saving up for DSMlink and turbo/fuel and other mods.

OK so here what we have

1996 White Spyder GST with 99 Engine and 2GB bumpers

Things i have added to and/or fixed because of the numb nuts before me:

Couldnt get the car inspected for about 3 months after getting the car because of all the stupid things this kid did to this car. Almost brought it back to him LOL
Took apart the gauge cluster and removed what was stopping the check engine light from being visible. (im sure he did this because of the vast evap problems)
replaced the majority of the evap system and still having an issue or 2 but at
least now i can get it inspected.
Redid the Battery relocation to trunk (the lines were run ghetto and dangerously)
undid EGR delete (done all wrong)
99% of the interior he painted has been replaced except for the radio bezel that he painted "TURBO" on, drives me nuts.
Rewired the speakers to their own amp instead of all wired the front 2
got rid of the strobes and wiring
repainted PS rear quarter panel where someone keyed the car when he had it.
replaced hinges and fixed the hole in the convertible top
fixed indaglow gauge wiring while it was apart should have just taken them out LOL didnt want to screw with the needles
etc etc...

Mods and bolt ons and other stuff

3" SS exhaust
SS headers
Enkei Rims painted white
aftermarket tail lights. I lil bit of rice but i like em
White dash cover (to cover up crappy paint on the dash)
Fiber glass door panels ( work in progress )
gauge cluster dual pod gauges
Carbon FIber center console
SS strut bars
SS custom intake
3 1/2 inch GM maf and translator(did this for the minor tuning ability and to vent to atm, and know people dont like venting but my wife loves it and as long as she likes whats done to the car the easier it is to spend money on mods LOL)
Crome UICP (had to remove the chrome SS elbow to fit gm maf)
Tokico struts and lowering springs
Fuse box relocation
AC delete
Im sure im forgetting a couple things

Future mods, the next few months or so

All stickers and vinyls will be gone very soon (bought this car with the greddy vinyl on it and not one greddy mod on the whole damn car LOLol)
New Enkei emblems for the rims should be in this week and new "rivets" also.
New 3" Downpipe (flex is shot)
repainting Valve cover
FMIC
oil cooler
new cam gears chrome or blue
clear cam cover
porting and polish both manifolds , TB, elbow and turbo and o2 housing
Carbon fiber fog light housing
Boost controller
New gauges
and a few others

Mods As soon as i can afford them:

DSMlink
pocket logger
650 injectors
190L walbro
Wide band
new turbo lines
SS O2 housing

currently installing 16G And sandlblasting everything i can see LOL. So i will put up a pic of the engine as soon as everything is back together.

So thats it. Im glad to be on here. Hoping to have some fun this summer. Let me know what you think. Im open to some suggestion especially any of them that may be mechanically inclined but if you dont like something about the appearance or you think something just isnt your style and would change it ### keep the comments to yourself. Its the way it is because thats how i like it and thats what matters to me. Thanks for looking

These pics make the car look nicer than it is. I still have a lot of cosmetic problems to fix and some general maintenance.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Other than the Altezza tails, the car looks pretty nice in white. :)

Nice car I love white it always looks so classy... I'm currently looking for a white 2g... I've got a 98 Eagle Talon that is currently being totally redone... It currently looks good and next year is the engine work.. In Orchard Park so your close sure I'll see ya driving down the road someday... My boyfriend doesn't understand why I like these cars .. He just picked up a 09' GTR... a bit out of my budget but I like the DSM's better.. not that I would complain with a GTR ... I've got a few cars planning on going to the meet in PA if you're thinking about going we could all get together and cruise down together..

I just saw your interior question ... Go to Kustom Works on transit in Depew they can help you with that... they did an awesomw job on my boyfriends old mustang he had done there... go to their site kwbuffalo.com and check out the 90' mustang gallery

@rae5858

TY, I am in cheektowaga so not too far from you. Doubt youll see me on any OP streets, too many tickets getting handed out around there LOL I here the same thing all the time, why not just buy a car thats already hooked up or a production car that already has 450 horse. Its about doing the work and to be honest All my GTR money went into my wedding this past june LOL Im with you, If someone said heres 70 grand now you can go buy a GTR i would buy a GSX put 6-7 grand in to it, get it up to the 450HP+ and keep the other 60 grand in my pocket LOL Although my wife finishes med school in a few months and has promised me a Diablo Roadster VT on or before our 10th anniversary but thats different LOL

If im not already down in erie for the meet i would definitely ride down with you guys. depending on the weather LOL.

Thanks 777, just got done with a ton of modifactions, And am currently debating on trying to tune myself or pay someone to do it. but i would really like to learn for myself and not blow my engine at the same time LOL

Wow that looks awesome, I have a white 95 GSX wanna get white wheels nows. Looks really good imo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back