The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

new guy here in TN

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90TSBYE

Probationary Member
Sep 11, 2014
chattanooga, Tennessee
let me start off by saying I'm very excited to be a member of dsmtuners. I'm on a few Facebook pages but hadn't actually joined a legit site like tuners.
I've wanted an awd 1g since I was 16 and recently made that dream come true with a 93 tsi. I had plenty of fun with the car including some pulls at the local strip and a few car meets.

I recently acquired a 90 tsi that needed a trans and some other things. I took a risk not knowing much about the car and it being non running. Oh and also the trans axles drive shafts rotors and calipers were already removed. So I've got a puzzle on my hands to say the least. The previous owner gave me a huge list of mods and what not however alot of what he said was untrue. I think I made a good decision with it though here's what I know about it so far.

It has a decent body with no rust. Needs paint. Good cloth interior.
6 bolt block eagle rods n wiseco pistons with arp hardware so that's awesome considering everything he told me that turned out to be false. 7 bolt head with some mild porting and all new hardware. Mls head gasket. Cx racing 16g that looks fairly new.

Blah blah sorry to keep going on and boring you to death but that's a short about me and my car. I look forward to selling and trading all these parts I have and getting to know everyone here.

Attachments

• IMG_20140717_002239.jpg
    IMG_20140717_002239.jpg
    903.1 KB · Views: 94
Welcome to DSMtuners!

You should come out to the car show in Chattanooga on the 14th. You might get to meet a couple of TNMOG (Tennessee Mitsubishi Owners' Group) members there.

Are you talking about the one at the river front? If so I plan on going already. And I'd like to hear more and this TNMOG.

I was at the show today. Had a good time and met a couple TNMOG members. Also I requested to join the Facebook page.

Yep I was the big guy with the panda shirt.

Are you local to chattanooga? And yea I know I'm ready to drive it already.

That's the same with the other guys. I need to get me a TNMOG sticker. I bought it as a non running car. Just needs a clutch, struts, a battery, and the trans put in now

Is following members the same as friending someone? Once again I'm new to the page.

Look through classifieds here. You might be able to find new clutch and struts for a good price. As far as transmission goes, probably be better off going to a junkyard. There is one about half way between Chattanooga and Nashville.

I'll do that. Can't believe I didn't already think of that haha. And I've already found a trans for it luckily. Got a deal too. If I'm not mistaken 90s trans are kinda rare because they're 22 spline right?

I have in my garage a set of struts and springs with a two inch drop. The struts need replaced. But they are ready to be bolted on.[DOUBLEPOST=1410751052][/DOUBLEPOST]There is a 90 transmission for sale on craigslist for 250 in clarksville tn

The car had Megan springs on it. Struts are just dead. I'm guessing the springs are lowering ones and wore out the stock struts.

Yea it should. 90s just came with 22 spline and the rest were 23. So there's less around

Thx for looking out. I'll read up now

Justin has a ton of experience rebuilding turbos so if you decide you'd rather pay someone to fix it up, he's the guy to go to.

What kind of experience do you have working on cars? What other cars have you owned before the DSM? What plans do you have for it? Are you into drag racing, autox, or anything like that?

I'll keep that in mind. I have a 14b for a spare just in case. Ive grown up around cars. Me and dad had a jeep and bronco but I didn't really start learning till I traded my truck for an s14. I've done a motor swap with some help on an s14. All my regular maint. On my cars and unexpected problems from beating on them. I've had two s14 zenkis, a turbo mk3 supra, two turbo talons, a cbr 1000rr and an aprilia mille rsv 1000, an 83 datsun 280zx, an integra, and other non fun cars. All of which were funded by me before anyone says mommy and daddy money. I go to weekend meets when I have the time and have several friends in my local car community so we're always doing something to someone's car. I was an installer technician at a stereo shop for a year which gives me some good electrical knowledge but I'm fairly new to after market internals. I know how the inside of a motor works I'm just not educated on pulling a head or say putting pistons and rings in. Sorry if I seem to ramble.

How do you like the Chattanooga area? I know it's unrelated, sorry, but I'm moving there soon and would love to get some good info on what sides of town to avoid. I'm looking at near the Collegedale area or as close to there as possible.

TNMOG has some good people in it. I'm just not big on big crowds tbh so I always end up being a recluse. Lived in Nashville for a little while, while going to Culinary school. Be prepared to deal with a ton of Evo guys talking about how better their evo is than any DSM though.

I lived in collegedale. It is a very small town full of older people and a very over zealous police force. Ask anyone from the area and they will warn you about the collegedale police. And don't expect to have a nice car and not get hassled to death by them and falsely searched and have the k9 scratch your paint to hell. They've put me through the ringer to the point I had to move. If you want to stay close try ooltewah very nice and peaceful but you have to pass by collegedale when you get off the exit. I would recommend east Brainerd. It is more of a sub urb feel. But over all the area is great. Good people lots of things to do good economy. I would start a family here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back