The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G New guy from Tucson, whats your opinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathanZX10R

Probationary Member
May 31, 2019
Tucson, Arizona
Hello everyone. I won a Ebay auction from a local seller, I wasnt expecting to win but I did LOL. I ended up with a 80 year old pilots 1996 Talon that he bought new. The car has 139K on it and is super clean for its age, all records, and is awesome shape. The vehicle is 100% stock and unmolested.

My plans are to do 4 things to the car, this is just going to be a DD and I am not doing any motor mods.

1.) 18" wheels
2.) 1-1.5" drop
3.) Window tint
4.) Upgrade factory stereo.

However, I have really been eyeing the 97-98 front bumper. Should I just keep it the way it is or change out the front bumper cover?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I agree, that's a very clean 2ga talking, not many left like that. Personally I'd fore-go the bumper and lowering (at least till you out the wheels on) and keep it clean and well maintained.

Welcome and nice find! Make sure to take some good pics and fill out your profile when you can, and ask any questions when they arise, we're all here to help!

I don't see anything wrong with grabbing a 2gb talon front bumper... If you can find one.

Speakers do the car alot of good I grabbed rockfords and the car came with a double DIN pioneer (I am going to shift down to a single DIN in a couple months if you want a radio prewired for the talon-PM me). Despite the normal 90's highway chatter this car sounds pretty good with a modest sound system upgrade. I despise subwoofers, so I can't attest to any of that.

Keep the stock ride height-

I liked the Tesla rims you showed in another post, I have never had any particular attachment to the stock twistys but yours are in good shape

I don't see anything wrong with grabbing a 2gb talon front bumper... If you can find one.

Speakers do the car alot of good I grabbed rockfords and the car came with a double DIN pioneer (I am going to shift down to a single DIN in a couple months if you want a radio prewired for the talon-PM me). Despite the normal 90's highway chatter this car sounds pretty good with a modest sound system upgrade. I despise subwoofers, so I can't attest to any of that.

Keep the stock ride height-

I liked the Tesla rims you showed in another post, I have never had any particular attachment to the stock twistys but yours are in good shape

Yeah, I found 6 of them about 100 miles from me in "used but good shape". I'm heading over this weekend to pick one up. I will keep my stock bumper. As for the wheels, i'm still kinda up in the air.

Nevermind... turned out he thought I meant eclipse bumpers. Sigh

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back