1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

New Girl!

Posted by jessicabuenrostro, Sep 4, 2014

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. cisco_4g63

cisco_4g63 Probationary Member

Joined Nov 11, 2014
    Chicago, Illinois
    Welcome!

2. Lazy

Lazy Probationary Member

Joined Sep 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Welcome,
    the avatar selection will certainly be advantageous for a punctual response regarding future tech questions.

91-GS likes this.
  3. Brownrice80

Brownrice80 Proven Member

Joined Aug 6, 2014
    Menifee, California
    Great, now lets get about a million more of you on board ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1416799411][/DOUBLEPOST]hey, are you on some DSM facebook groups? I swear I've seen you before (and no, not a cheezy pickup line, i'm happily married!! hahahha)

4. rw87tt

rw87tt Proven Member

Joined Jul 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    That's probably not their real picture. It could be some Pee Wee Herman looking dude.

5. Brownrice80

Brownrice80 Proven Member

Joined Aug 6, 2014
    Menifee, California
  6. Ryannterror

Ryannterror Probationary Member

Joined Oct 9, 2014
    Bucks County, Pennsylvania
    Welcome to DSMtuners.

7. GsXdSmKingGsX

GsXdSmKingGsX Proven Member

Joined Dec 13, 2008
    Plainview, Minnesota
    Welcome

8. maxharmony537

maxharmony537 Probationary Member

Joined Jul 22, 2012
    Newark, Delaware
    first good advice is, buy new bolts, being 20 years old, they break easy so don't get stranded waiting for new bolts in the mail! also, OEM are cheaper alloy, theres a post with the thread types for each bolt on here, you can use that and just buy cheaper and newer ones.

welcome to the club.

9. mtnmikes1g

mtnmikes1g Probationary Member

Joined Mar 19, 2014
    Twain Harte, California
    Good luck with the project Jessica! They call it a project car for a reason most important have a plan and a goal for your PROJECT. Get the Redline oils there from NorCal Benicia,Ca. I've been using it for a long time

10. mitsubishikid

mitsubishikid Proven Member

Joined Jun 8, 2009
    Turlock, California
    welcome to the site.
    Red-line gear oil is pretty good for our cars, while it does cost a lot more then standard gear oil, It works really good on our cars.

While your at it [I know it's rather obvious but.] It would be wise to check for any seal leaks on the transfer case
    [their was a dealer recall] on these, the rear differential, the cv axles, and of course the cv axle boots as well.

Also while the car is up you can better inspect the ball joints and carrier bearing for wear as well.

1K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM