The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G New fuel pump but after sitting overnight is still hard to start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you verify the coolant temp sensor is working? You should be able to check the resistance when cold and compare to spec., which is 2,450 ohm at 68F. It goes down when warm (295 ohm @178F) and the ecu will substantially alter the amount of fuel while starting based on the cts resistance. They’re generally not expensive (as in $10) so if you could simply put in a new one and see. Generally not the best method, but I have done this style of “diagnosis by replacement” on occasion, especially with electrical.

I would "assume" a turbo FPR would work, it just never would see positive pressure. If you had one laying around, I would put it on as a test.
Change the CTS..........or at least confirm it is working and getting a signal to the ECU!

I would "assume" a turbo FPR would work, it just never would see positive pressure. If you had one laying around, I would put it on as a test.
Change the CTS..........or at least confirm it is working and getting a signal to the ECU!
They are different. The FSM calls for 47 psi for N/A engines. 43 psi for turbo Auto and 37 psi for Turbo manual. The pressure is tested at idle with the vacuum hose off so they would have to have different springs internally to make different pressures.

It was only a test not a fix. OPs car was getting fuel in the video but not sure if it was holding pressure on the rail.
I know it was suggested to pinch the return line closed (to create pressure in the rail) but I never saw if it was tried or not.

Base fuel pressure is different between the various flavors of 1G with the NT being the highest.
Remember the ECU is programmed for a injector flow rate and changing the FPR will change the effective flow rate.

Yes but it was just a suggestion for a test.
I sure appreciate the knowledge base on this. It is good for the forum! You helpful guys rock it! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back