The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

New from North Florida

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunedUp

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2011
Newport News, Virginia
I want to start by saying I have been a member since i think 2011, but I was in the process of buying my first DSM. Well that deal fell through and all the other dsm's were out of my budget. I am now back and actually have a dsm. I bought it yesterday January 31st, 2015. It is a 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD I almost instantly fell in love with it. I was nervous on buying it because I had to drive it 140 miles back to my house and in Florida the owner keeps the tag(learned that yesterday you'll learn why I didn't know further into my intro) so I had no tag for 140 miles xD. Alright now a little about me, then I'll tell what I do know about the Mysterious Panda. Okay my name is Brandon I am 23 years old and I am originally from South Oklahoma City, Oklahoma I worked for CJD Dealership for 2 years(very knowledgeable in cars). I am now in the U.S. Air Force Stationed in Florida. Now onto the Mysterious Panda :) As of right now I believe strongly that the Talon has not been driven hard. As to the first owner it is unknown the 2nd owner was a not very mechanically inclined kid that owned the car for 3 month's and couldn't figure out a problem with it so sold it, the third owner was very mechanically inclined and was working on a proper restoration of the car. The third owner is the one who sold the car to me because he had too many projects going and didnt want to deal with the issues at the time. He gave me receipts for everything he had done so I atleast had a paper trail to not do something a second time. Okay and now the bad is the issue with the Talon is that has a battery drain while it sits overnight I diagnosed it today(prior owner diagnosed it also) and found that the ECM was not telling the MPI relay to open after the ignition is off. So I am sending the ECM to ecmtuning Monday or Tuesday to fix it. Other then the ECM I haven't found anything else majorly wrong with the car. It is all mostly maintenance needing to be done so my goal is to get ALL maintenance done this summer then start a street build by September of this year. Sorry this intro is so long thank you for all that are still reading and it will be nice talking to all of you!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back