The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

New From MN

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugeT

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Hey.

I'm new obviously. got my car a few days ago. 97 GSX local car, its red. 80xxxmiles 5spd. good cond. all Stock. No plans yet except for a few minor things I want. How can I make the shifter rod shorter, I dont like how it sits high, few other stuff but cant remember at the moment maintenance I will be doing over the next few weeks.

jack

Well welcome to the forums man. The thing i would do is just get a smaller shifter knob. I know in my 1g it had a big shifter that was just big, I switched it out for an Ractive one off ebay. Or you can just order a short shifter kit somewhere. good luck!

What I did man was cut a piece off the shifter n welded it back on... Not too short either just perfect same as buying a short shifter kit. And welcome to tuners! This place will solve all your dsm problems :)!!

Welcome, bro! We MN DSMers are the best ;)

One option would to take the shift knob off, cut the shifter, and use a shorter knob.

Another would be a B&M Short through. I have and am running the B&M and I will say this. If you get the B&M short through, invest in new shifter cable bushings. Preferably solid ones. And get solid shifter base bushings as well.

I had an ebay knock off of the B&M before as well. Drastic differance in quality. The ebay one that came with my first 2g sucked ass. I got that thing off of there as quickly as I could. The stock one with a chopped lever was better.

Hmm, I been wondering the same.. Anyone know if this is any good?

reminds me of my s2k shift knob :sneaky:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back