The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

New from AZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdsoza

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Hey guys new to DSM tuners from phoenix az. Just bought a 1992 Eclipse GSX and getting ready to have some fun building something new! Planning to start out small and building an engine on the side for going big later.

sounds like you have some good plans. Post up some pictures of the car!

Welcome! That's great that you will have a spare engine for the car. What are your goals for the car?

Thanks for the welcomes. My plans for the car is going to be time attack, and depending on how well the build goes then I dream of one day driving in the Pikes Peak International Hill climb. I am looking into different ways of rebuilding the engine. I love a vehicle with a lot of torque, as im used to driving V8s. I cant decide what is going to be the better route on a 2.3 stroker from Eagle as i have heard good and bad about it, or going the 4G64 crank route and have billet main caps and a girdle on the block. I have an awesome fabricator and really want to do something out of the norm, and may be using a trunk mounted radiator like the Dent Sport 240SX and most JGTC cars. I do plan on going big but thats over the next few years. For now I am getting bolt ons and going from there.

No reason to go out of the norm. A 2.3L with a stock 4g64 and Eagle/Wiseco combo has made over 800whp. That coupled with E85 will get you some pretty insane numbers. Billet main caps, girdle's, all that are nice but not really necessary. These cars can make some pretty impressive power for little money. Feel free to PM me anytime if you got any questions or just wanna talk cars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back