The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

New Everything but clutch won't shift

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thank you all for the answers. I wasn’t able to adjust it through the boot so I’m going to take out the trans and shim the pivot ball with a washer or more likely two given how far the fork sits already.
If the fork position is that bad you need to look at flywheel step. Verify it is correct. As in physically measure it with a proper machinists depth gauge.

Thank you all for the answers. I wasn’t able to adjust it through the boot so I’m going to take out the trans and shim the pivot ball with a washer or more likely two given how far the fork sits already.
As a starting point you might try, I ended up using a 0.071" thick washer but that was before I had my flywheel resurfaced. Note that the point on the fork where the pivot ball sits is usually what wears, not the pivot ball itself (also make sure to put a dab of grease in there). FYI: I replaced just the fork (due to just fork wear at the pivot ball spot {which BTW is not visibly noticeable}, but didn't replace the pivot ball, and it caused the fork to move over 0.06" in the window. And as already stated, a bent fork can also cause this problem.

Fyi: the t.o. bearing in my Exedy stock-replacement clutch kit #05048 is made by NSK. Unless it looks much different than the original one that will be coming out with my current clutch, I’m likely to use it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Fyi: the t.o. bearing in my Exedy stock-replacement clutch kit #05048 is made by NSK. Unless it looks much different than the original one that will be coming out with my current clutch, I’m likely to use it.

That's interesting. The construction of it on the back side does look different, and it doesn't have the polymer material inner sleeve like the OEM one does.
Here's my pic of a new OEM MD749998 that I posted in XC92's thread in January:

throw-out-bearing-for-talon-resized-jpg.620969

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone! Adding the two washers got it to work! Here’s a photo of what I added and it’s finally working. I gotta bleed it and adjust the master a bit but all in all runs good. Thank you all for the help

I had this same issue about a week ago. I gravity bled, had some one press the pedal and the thing that worked was when i manually pushed the rod forward, holding it there and with my other hand, drain the fluid w the 10mm wrench. It started working immediately. I have the same clutch, new oem TO bearing, new master cylinder, used/original slave.

Hey everyone! Adding the two washers got it to work! Here’s a photo of what I added and it’s finally working. I gotta bleed it and adjust the master a bit but all in all runs good. Thank you all for the help

What’s the thickness of each washer?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back