The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

New enigine help.. Ideas, where to buy..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakewoodsfinest

Probationary Member
Feb 17, 2014
Lakewood, Washington
So I just bought myself a 98 GS-T with a blown engine. The engine is knocking hard every time I try to fire it up. I've been looking at buying a new or used engine, but I'm undecided on a 6 or 7 bolt or where to buy it. Pretty much What I'm saying is I'm lost. I'm just looking to see if anyone knows where I can buy aftermarket parts like Valve covers intake systems, things to dress up my engine. I'm looking to make my car look good.

Thanks for any advise.....

I've been parting out DSM's for years. I have TONS of parts available. PM me with anything you want specifically.

Paul

I know another guy with a whole garage full of parts to get her up and running thats fairly close to you and have seen Paul's ads lots so I'm sure he could get you set up as well! Biggest thing is to make up your mind on the type of build you want to do and end goals because there is not much worse than buying parts two and three times to get where you want instead of just doing it right the first time.

Out of curiosity did you buy that blue one from out in Port Orchard/Gig Harbor area? I have a full 7 bolt engine right now complete pan to valve cover with all timing equipment, could be a good option to get it back on the road quick. Would be fine up to 350hp or so. If your goals are higher than that I'd suggest getting a clean block and uncut crank and doing an actual build. Give us a run down on what you're trying to accomplish with the car and we can make some better suggestions...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back