The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New engine build getting spark but no injector pulse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeberman01

Probationary Member
Oct 27, 2010
Laveen, Arizona
Hey guys thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Ok so I finally finished getting my new 4g64/63 hybrid I have link v3 lite. The ecu is showing power and I can connect. I am using a green top cas and I'm almost certain I did the wiring correctly. I believe the plugs are getting a spark but the injectors are not getting a pulse. I bought the harness I am using for the cas so it should be good. I have been reading for hours and am totally lost. The headlights, turn signals, interior lights, and various other random electrical work but the cluster does nothing buy show when the brights are on. the fuel pump is absolutely working so are fans when enabled in link. I had originally had the crank signal wire hooked into coil pack since they were the same plug and I fried a set of coil packs but I replaced them back with the spyder gs coil pack and like I said its getting a spark. I am tearing my brain out here please any insight would be so appreciated. I just want my car to start. Oh yea one last thing the starter solenoid is not getting power when hooked up key won't crank the car but it does when I have it hard wired and touch the battery.

Damn guys seriously nothing wow I heavily underestimated the support of "fellow" dsmers

Damn guys seriously nothing wow I heavily underestimated the support of "fellow" dsmers

after 8 hours with no response, complaining no ones helping..doesnt exactly make people 'want' to help. we have jobs, and other priorities....if we can get to you be thankful. you also left out a lot of information on the swap you did for people to help.

anyways, on that...

I am using a green top cas and I'm almost certain I did the wiring correctly. I believe the plugs are getting a spark but the injectors are not getting a pulse.

Go tripple check that stuff. what makes you think the plugs are getting spark? also - are you sure you cannibalized the right connector for the CAS? I ask because i did a similar thing when i did my awd swap into my spyder gs and because of the length differences, had it plugged into the AC plug (they are the same connectors and on the gs are in similar location to the location on a gst/gsx). And as for you buying the harness for the 1g cas - did you buy it on ebay? again, i ask because the one i bought on ebay was wired wrong and i had to rewire it myself to make it work properly.

Also - if you have the GS, did you wire in a resistor pack? did you swap the entire ecu harness from a gst/gsx? are you using high imp injectors? what ecu are you using?

Thanks for the response. Sorry for the spiteful blurb there LOL been up for 72 hours attacking this thing. I verified spark by pulling the plug and looking. I am running a 95 EPROM with v3 link. I bought the harness from rre and the plug I cannibalized was the small cam sensor one not the crank. The crank and ac have that triangular plug so does the coil pack. I am thinking I might have a blow sensor ground or the two black wires on the cas harness may be switched unlikely as its from rre but possible. I was so desperate I asked Siri to fix my eclipse and her response was "there are 5 scrap yards in your area". What a bi*** LOL. The harness is from the original 97 spyder gs and have added ecu switch power, knock sensor, and moved the 4 pins around. I grounded the fuel pump so it turns on with the on switch not the cas signal and wired in spal fans to the stock fan harnesses. The convertible top does not work, windows don't work, cluster dead except for the brights. Indicator, all exterior lights and markers work. Injectors are gettingg constant 12 v, starter getting 12v small black plug for activating starter not getting any signal however the key has power on that lead when it's turned. I am just sooooo lost I just want my car to fire up and run :"""""""""""""""""""""( those are all my tearS

New update it was a miswired cas hmm now it sparks and gives fuel but when I turn it over it sounds worse and made a few really bad pops hmm any ideas

K I'm at work have tried but I am sure I didn't center out the cas and had it fully advanced

i think the next problem your having is another one i had to overcome - did you invert your CAS with link? the 95-96 ecu's use an inverted cas signal, so if you use a 1g cas, or a 95 eeprom ecu in a 97+ car, you need to check the invert cas box. Now - i say that without knowing exactly how to do it, just from what ive read. I used the evo 8 ecu, and instead of inverting them, i switched my injectors around (switch 1+2 and 2+4)

or follow this guide and switch at the ecu: RRE Instructions (but if your using dsmlink, it should just be a checkbox somewhere for the signal)

Lol thanks but good news. Vroom vroom problem is now my timing is spiking from 5 degrees to like 25 or 30 with the slightest gas not good no wonder the engine was getting hot so quick

Thats gonna be more in the tune...which unf im not gonna be much help with LOL. if your logging spikes that high. but, im not 100% sure that-thats not normal...i dont have my laptop in front of me to look through the logs to see, but for some reason i remember the car has a lot of timing at part throttle/throttle tip in and will kind of taper off as the load increases, so unless your pushing it you probably will see higher numbers...

other then that is the car running ok? have you tuned it or are you on the stock map?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having lots of issues not really sure where to go from here just buttoning up some major leaks. I am just working out 1 issue at a time. The timing spikes we're being cause by electrical interference by ignition.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back