The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Shootout 2024 scramble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude, you're an absolute savage! Hats off to you for diving in, learning, and taking it to the extreme lengths you have. It's funny how when you're that invested and see every little imperfection, no one else will ever notice, but it still bugs you, I understand. Haha.
This forum, more importantly, the kick ass people/enthusiasts here are fkn legends, too!

Keep on trucking, man!
Thanks man. It's really good to get and hear some positive motivation sometimes. Even as hard working on the project as I am there are times when i just want to say f*** it, I am selling it haha. And you are right, I have been described by someone recently as just going over the top, but I like hearing that hahaha. I do probably need to stop being so hyper focused at times though, it creates A LOT more work usually hahaha.

Thanks man. It's really good to get and hear some positive motivation sometimes. Even as hard working on the project as I am there are times when i just want to say f*** it, I am selling it haha. And you are right, I have been described by someone recently as just going over the top, but I like hearing that hahaha. I do probably need to stop being so hyper focused at times though, it creates A LOT more work usually hahaha.
Dude, no doubt, you're kicking ass. Man, sometimes you get inside your head and start with that talk but the next day or whenever you come back to it, the fire/desire is still there. You're a great tipping point where you're making a big stride forward, every thing you do now is building back up! Every step, no matter how small, is one step closer to those crisp evening boosted pulls! 🤘🤘🤘

Yah there’s been many moments lately after hours more work and sweating and stepping back not seeing a difference saying to myself, Wthell are you doing here anyway?

More of the photo dump. Guys at the paint shop I used here in Denver area were amazing and hooked me up with everything I needed and were so patient with all the questions I had. Also thanks again to Raf @PLDSM for the recommendation on the spray guns to use. They worked perfect with the regulator on the gun and the water separator.

1686271650731.jpeg

1686271675130.jpeg

Used one gun strictly for clear coat and the second for the primer/sealer. Cleaned in between primer and base of course.

Lol, my first visit to my local PPG store was the same, kept the dude who helped me an hour late on Friday night. Felt bad and tried to tap out, but he was more than willing to stay and hook me up with info and product! Thanks Allen! (ABE in Tampa).

Nothing to it but to do it! Hardest part of any project is just starting it.. Keep up the great work Dusty.. gotta stop teasing the people and show the damn bay allready LOL..

Love all the details behind the process.. this will help people that are worried to tackle items like this.

Always here to help as much as I can!

Last edited:
Nothing to it but to do it! Hardest part of any project is just starting it.. Keep up the great work Dusty.. gotta stop teasing the people and show the damn bay allready LOL..

Love all the details behind the process.. this will help people that are worried to tackle items like this.

Always here to help as much as I can!

I got caught up with some flights at work and weather rolled in of course LOL. Pics coming today!

Here is the first steps of primer.

1686329699768.jpeg

1686329723488.jpeg

And then base. I LOVE this color sooooo much. Can’t believe I found the exact color I wanted and in such a clean shell.

1686329779998.jpeg

1686329838403.jpeg

Clear coated pic coming soon! Want to get it fully cured and wheel it as far into the sun as I can first LOL. But here it is in the “booth” still.

1686329911378.jpeg

Here is the first steps of primer.

View attachment 698386

View attachment 698387

And then base. I LOVE this color sooooo much. Can’t believe I found the exact color I wanted and in such a clean shell.

View attachment 698388

View attachment 698389

Clear coated pic coming soon! Want to get it fully cured and wheel it as far into the sun as I can first LOL. But here it is in the “booth” still.

View attachment 698390
dude that looks mega awesome!!! keep it up man, once done its going to be well nice and you will step back and be like HELL YEAH I DID THAT!!!!!

Started knocking out the other projects and finished the 2G Eclipse Front Evo Brembo brake upgrade or conversion for the oem knuckles. Doing this temporary until I am able to get @EC17PSE brake kits all the way around, or at minimum the fronts. But until then this is what I got LOL.

The conversion was not too bad and the how-to on here helped a lot. Of course I wanted mine to be as clean as possible so took a lot of checking and sanding then checking again over and over LOL. Here is everything before powder coat.

1686522930589.jpeg

Tapped knuckles and started grinding process..

1686522980194.jpeg

1686523012556.jpeg

1686523055507.jpeg

And everything together

1686523090131.jpeg

Any questions just let me know!

All right man im waiting to see it and you in september lets get this thing going.

I'm definitely trying to push hard. Problem is going to be that the weather has finally started to get better here in CO and I don't want to miss the entire summer here in the mtns working on the dang dsm LOL. BUT, I am sneaking in work sessions on it whenever I can. Even if its not done, I will 100% still be at shootout.

More work completed. Things are starting to go a little more smooth and better now. So far nothing has fought me too hard and luckily I had already planned parts ahead of time so not much down time waiting. MachV sent me one wrong bushing for the swag bars so have to wait on the front bar.. but not too bad. Already had the Quaife rack and @EC17PSE bump steer kit so was a piece of cake to get manual steering rack together.

Shoutout to @Kai Hefner for the fuel/brake line holders custom to the sizes I need when finishing up the lines under the car.

Also using @EC17PSE billet sway bar brackets too. Everything he makes is amazing and high quality. Can’t thank him enough.

Also huge shoutout to @99gst_racer for the #racecar parts that are also amazing and top quality.

1687391399212.jpeg

1687391440004.jpeg

Suspension going back on..

1687391485768.jpeg

1687391507643.jpeg

Rack almost ready to go on.

1687391556668.jpeg

And lines ran through the front subframe

1687391611114.jpeg

Now for a break LOL.

More work completed. Things are starting to go a little more smooth and better now. So far nothing has fought me too hard and luckily I had already planned parts ahead of time so not much down time waiting. MachV sent me one wrong bushing for the swag bars so have to wait on the front bar.. but not too bad. Already had the Quaife rack and @EC17PSE bump steer kit so was a piece of cake to get manual steering rack together.

Shoutout to @Kai Hefner for the fuel/brake line holders custom to the sizes I need when finishing up the lines under the car.

Also using @EC17PSE billet sway bar brackets too. Everything he makes is amazing and high quality. Can’t thank him enough.

Also huge shoutout to @99gst_racer for the #racecar parts that are also amazing and top quality.

View attachment 699600

View attachment 699601

Suspension going back on..

View attachment 699602

View attachment 699603

Rack almost ready to go on.

View attachment 699604

And lines ran through the front subframe

View attachment 699605

Now for a break LOL.
Love it. Its great to see all the attention to detail.

Looking great! Those jacks still concern me though, LOL. Please be careful.

Yeah they are definitely not ideal, but they work well when I need to get the car out of the way so the Tesla can be in the garage. For the next one, I would 100% get a rotisserie for sure. When I am under it I also put a second set of stands up just in case.

Yeah they are definitely not ideal, but they work well when I need to get the car out of the way so the Tesla can be in the garage. For the next one, I would 100% get a rotisserie for sure. When I am under it I also put a second set of stands up just in case.
So years ago when I started the tear down and my dad saw what I was doing he was less than thrilled and hounded me for some security measures to be put in place. My OG security system was about 16-20 pieces of 12”x12” plywood stacked, glued, and finish nailed between each layer. :cool: Redneck ghetto but it would’ve worked if the car ever came off stands, I still have them actually.

LOL, I'm laughing cause every time you post a pic with those stands, you revisit this topic. Nice to see people with safety in mind, even if you get to hear it again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back