The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

New Eclipse Gst owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95gstmaine

Probationary Member
Aug 23, 2016
Canton, Maine
Hello, I just recently purchased a 1995 mitsubishi eclipse gst. It is in pretty good shape. Underneath there is no rust, which is a rarity in maine. It has been a summer car the previous owner said. Garaged during winters. It has a few Mods. A garret big t28 turbo. And also has an upgraded BOV. 17 inch rims. I don't really know much about theses cars. But I got a reasonable price on it and when I test drove it I fell in love. So much power. It just pulls really hard. I was a little worried since it is so old that I would have problems, but what vehicle doesn't have them. I look forward to learning more about the car. It's my new toy. Originally I set out to get a commuter car that was good on gas, but ran into this and couldn't pass it up. Much more interesting than a honda civic.

-Kyle

That last sentence is the understatement of the decade. Awesome find. Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. Follow the maintenance schedule on this site before you do anything. Download the FSM and pick up a Haynes manual for quick reference. Have fun!

Thanks for the advice. The previous owner did take good care of it. Timing belt was just recently done and he told me he only put 3000 miles on it in the past year. I'm really happy with it. I scooped it up quick. It had only been on Craigslist list for 2 days and I stumbled upon it. I knew if I didn't buy it right then it would be gone...an impulse buy so to speak. I wish they still made these cars. I don't see anything like them anymore

Been trying to find a download for the manual. The one on the site is not a pdf download as I was hoping. It links to a Web page. I checked ebay and they have pdf service manuals for like 14 bucks. Don't really see many hard copies. One I do see is 120 bucks though. What would be my best route?

In my area the 2g eclipses are becoming rare. Have not seen any GSX's. When I stumbled across the gst on Craigslist I wasn't even really looking for one, was originally in the market for something to drive back and forth to work. The eclipse isn't exactly my commuter now... but tons of fun to drive and in awesome shape. The car was only about 10 miles from my house. I couldn't let it slip by so I scooped it up on a whim...haven't regretted it since, despite some issues...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back