The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New dyno results!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pneumo

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
Bay Area, California
Great news! I put my car on the dyno today to see how the new mods and tuning were doing. Here's the dyno chart:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yep, 597 AWHP on a Mustang dyno! I wanted to push it over 600, but it just wouldn't do it. I was at the limit of the MAP sensor at 36 to 37 psi of boost, at the limit of the 1000cc injectors at 100% DC, at the limit of the Walbro 255HP pump as seen by the lean area above 6000rpm.
I had no idea the car was making that much power. Seriously I though it would put down around 425 to 450 since that's about what it put down last year. All I changed since last time was a 2G head with EVO3 intake manifold and Kelford 272 cams with some nice Kiggly Beehive springs to back it up. I used to have a 1G head with a JMF SMIM and FP2 cams. Oh, and I replaced the 3 bar MAP sensor with an Omnipower 4 bar MAP sensor, so I was able to raise the boost from 28 psi to 37. I should've known it was making a lot more power when it started spinning all 4 tires in second gear during my pre-dyno tuning sessions! I mean I was literally getting sideways in second gear on dry straight roads in warm 65* weather.

Just for fun I turned the boost down to 29 psi to see how much power it was making compared to the 444 AWHP it made last year at 27psi boost. Here's the result:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So I made 89 more HP with gains at every rpm! The boost might be one or two psi higher, but it's still a large gain at nearly the same boost. I'd also like to say that I didn't touch the tune when I turned the boost down, I just unscrewed the Hallman MBC a couple turns and did one pull at that boost, so I'm very happy with my tuning software.

Mods
Custom Jackal program
GT35 journal bearing turbo
ETS fmic 31 x 12 x 3.5"
3" uicp
full 3" exhaust
2G head
EVO3 intake manifold
Kelford 272 cams
Kiggly Beehive springs
Supertech valves, standard size
Wiseco 9.0 pistons
Eagle rods
I did all the work on this car, tuned it and built it.
I may be forgetting something, just ask!

Last edited:
Excellent results. It seems like such a humble setup as well. I guess those 2g heads really do have better velocity to make some nice results. I'm curious to know what kind of hotside you used on your 35R. :thumb::applause:

Btw it is an awesome feeling building and tuning it all yourself. +rep for 2002 OG member :)

VERY,VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!Stoked for you bro....Thats is spectacular results with the 2g head and e3mani.Shit! It makes me want to scrap the 1g head I dropped off the otherdaY:ohdamn:Now I see what you guys were talking about....LOL I cant wait to see how she ROFLrunsROFL at the CMI this weekend!!!:hellyeah:

VERY,VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!Stoked for you bro....Thats is spectacular results with the 2g head and e3mani.Shit! It makes me want to scrap the 1g head I dropped off the otherdaY:ohdamn:Now I see what you guys were talking about....LOL I cant wait to see how she ROFLrunsROFL at the CMI this weekend!!!:hellyeah:

Thanks! I can't wait to take it to the track tomorow! I just hope my driving is worthy. This will be my first time at the track this season, so I might be a little rusty. Don't worry about your 1G head, I'll work some magic on it. I have to give a lot of credit to the cams and high boost.

The hotside is a T3 5 bolt .63 AR.

Very very nice!!! Guy here on an old t67 with blown seals made 578whp on a Dyno Dynamics AWD Load Bearing Dyno and I thought that was amazing. That gt35 is making some good ass power.

what fuel are you using? C16? Just wondering what the P2W clearance is on the weisco's, you did say you build the setup yourself, Im really just curious.

Great power man! Congrats, Whats the ignition setup like?

what fuel are you using? C16? Just wondering what the P2W clearance is on the weisco's, you did say you build the setup yourself, Im really just curious.

Great power man! Congrats, Whats the ignition setup like?

Thanks! I'm still excited about the power!
The fuel is about 5 gallons of 100 octane with 2 gallons of ERC A8C, which is around 118 octane.
P2W clearance is 0.0040
Ignition is stock coils with good wires and NGK BPR7EIX Iridium plugs gapped at .024"

OK track results are in!
My best time yesterday was 10.31 @142.76mph! My previous best was 10.77 @ 135mph, so this was a big drop in time and a big gain in mph! It also makes me the fastest DSM in the Bay Area!

There was room for improvement. I got my best time on the second run, and it wasn't a perfect run. I hit the rev limiter at 9k rpm at the top of first and second gear. The revs climbed so fast I didn't shift soon enough. My datalogs show that I shifted a little late, a little too high in rpm in all gears. I tried to work on it on the next runs, but the remainder of my runs were hampered by misfires and sputtering which were caused by the alternator wire rubbing itself bare and shorting against the lower intercooler pipe which eventually blew the alt. I actually did the last run just on battery power. It sputtered all the way down the track, but it was still good enough to run 11.0 @130mph and get second place! I don't mind getting second place since I lost to my friend and a fellow DSM'er. Plus he only beat me by .072 seconds. It was his first time running a 10, so he was extremely happy!

They paid enough prize money to buy another alt, but I treated my pit crew to a nice dinner and good beer instead! Another friend had a spare alt to loan me, so I swapped it in the parking lot and drove the car home.

Nice!!!! Those are some amazing times. I'm curious to see some pics of the car. Got any? :thumb::applause:

Also, doing this on the 5bolt ford style .63 housing is a feat in itself. I ran one on my old 35R and it seems to start choking after 29psi. I would not be surprised at all to see 145mph out of this if you went one step up on the housing. Congrats none the less.

Congrats Dave, I'll probably be seeing you in sac sometime this year. Looks like your knockin on the door to 9s. How was your 1/8 mph and time??

I know that feeling. I've got the black 1g that was in sac last year for boti. It seems you car is running way beter than it did then. You still running your tuned chips?

Edit: I see you changed your tuning program, times have changed.

I know that feeling. I've got the black 1g that was in sac last year for boti. It seems you car is running way beter than it did then. You still running your tuned chips?

Edit: I see you changed your tuning program, times have changed.

Yes, my car is running really good. I'm still using a 1G EPROM ecu, but now I'm running speed/density with the Jackal program. I'm still adding tweaks and removing limits like I did when I burned chips.

Congrats on the increased power and the run at the track! She's a beast.

Has your 2g head had any other work done other than parts installed?

Congrats on the increased power and the run at the track! She's a beast.

Has your 2g head had any other work done other than parts installed?

Thanks! The head has a little work done to it, the ports and combustion chambers were smoothed along with the normal rebuild work.

Great numbers. But, is this on a GT-35 or a GT-35R? I noticed you refered to it as a Journal bearing GT-35. But, everyone else is refering to it as a GT-35R .Which if I'm not mistaken is a Ball bearing ctg.
If these numbers are on a regular old Gt-35, VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back