The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New Dyno numbers Ostar Motorsports Stock Block 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amazing job guys! You probably looked like this afterwards:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ROFL Good one!

What exactly does stock block entail?

Are you guys going to the March 18 NSCRA event down here? It's only 1/8 mile.

Stock Block entails just that! Completely stock bottom end :rocks:

Was the old record not somewhere around 600awhp?? Then this 150 + jump LOL ####ing insanity, brilliant job boys :thumb:

The old record was done with 689whp and 553 so the car gained 60 horses with the new setup at the same boost.

Car looks great! Video is awesome!

Quick question, what diameter is your exhaust that is coming out of the bumper?

Stock Block entails just that! Completely stock bottom end :rocks:

The old record was done with 689whp and 553 so the car gained 60 horses with the new setup at the same boost.
That is amazing. Is there anything done to the stock block/internals? Shotpeened or cryo'd parts etc? Or is it plain oem non-modified parts?

Is that dyno tweaked to give 'dynojet' numbers?

CFT Tuned Evo X 426whp on stock turbo

That is correct!
I calibrated the dyno to read within 1-2% from our previews dynojet tests on this car.

Car has gone 10.2-10.0s/ 139-142mph on 63Xhp (there is videos from this car on both dynos and same results on youtube).
Then 9.8s 146mph bogging on 68Xhp.
We'll see what it runs now.
Later on we'll do a dynojet test again but i guarantee you it will be pretty damn close.
I definitely don't like big dyno numbers unless you can back them up at the track.
At this point it's not about the record anymore or dyno numbers. Records are cool and meant to be broken, specially with all the technology available today. But, at this point, it's about what we can achive with this car......we know it has more and we are gonna give it a try.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbhkd2wBjd0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ9gfbxLrw8

Last edited by a moderator:
A horsepower living monster.Great job man.I think there's more power in your setup.Bullseye sells a race cover.A S368 would probably be in your ball park.The inlet is 5,5in and outlet 3in.They say 50hp or more can be had with cover.

im gonna do my exhaust the same way out the bumper did you have to put a flex pipe in it or is it just pipe and does it get hot

Here are a few pics from today

Congrats guys keep up the great work ! Can't wait for the shootout !~

So we went to the 1/8 mile last night because it has rained everyday this week and we were able to do 2 passes to try and adjust the launch on the car. First pass the car bogged, so I let off and took it easy down the track. Next pass we adjusted and the car took off with a 1.45 60' but when I hit second gear the damn helmet visor came down and I couldn't see for a second while I readjusted so I ended up missing 3rd and then I quickly put it back in gear and was able to pull a 6.28@114. After that pass the rain came down so we had to call it a night. We cannot wait to do a full pass in the 1/4 mile !!!!

Here is the vid :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsYFH7GMgvE&list=UUuHhDRAmvRjFdNT7lXVlBPQ&index=1&feature=plcp

So we went to the 1/8 mile last night because it has rained everyday this week and we were able to do 2 passes to try and adjust the launch on the car. First pass the car bogged, so I let off and took it easy down the track. Next pass we adjusted and the car took off with a 1.45 60' but when I hit second gear the damn helmet visor came down and I couldn't see for a second while I readjusted so I ended up missing 3rd and then I quickly put it back in gear and was able to pull a 6.28@114. After that pass the rain came down so we had to call it a night. We cannot wait to do a full pass in the 1/4 mile !!!!

Here is the vid :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsYFH7GMgvE&list=UUuHhDRAmvRjFdNT7lXVlBPQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Which head studs are in the car, and how much boost are you guys running.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back