The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New DSM owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oohdahloop

Probationary Member
Feb 14, 2022
Bossier city, Louisiana
Just bought my first DSM. 1999 Eclipse GST and well... she's rough.

Needs engine rebuilt, some new body parts and paint. I've already started acquiring parts but waiting on shipping and stuff. It's currently an auto and I know "autos are faster" I've seen it 100 times on here but I hate drag racing and this will be for road course so an auto sucks. I plan to do the manual swap if I can locate a trans and all the parts needed but I'm learning quickly that parts are hard to find LOL.

I'm hoping to have this thing done in about a year but who knows what will happen.

Fortunately the rust is minimal on the body and suspension parts.

I used to have an Evo 8 and got to know the 4G pretty well so this wasn't a hard transition other than figuring out the differences and what not.

Anyways I hope to learn a lot from this group and hopefully find some parts LOL.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
You've come to the right place. This is the best DSM resource on the internet! Welcome to the community. Don't forget to create a profile for your car so folks can follow along with your build and more-effectively answer your questions.

Best of luck with your build!

You've come to the right place. This is the best DSM resource on the internet! Welcome to the community. Don't forget to create a profile for your car so folks can follow along with your build and more-effectively answer your questions.

Best of luck with your build!
Thank you! I tried uploading pictures but it keeps saying file is too big so I'm gonna have to figure that out LOL. But I'll try to update as much as I can

Nice a 99, nice find. Welcome!!!
Hey its a project but looks like your heart is in it. You could probably trade your auto swap for a 5spd swap pretty easy.
Theres tons of stuff to read and get familiar with here. Dont hesitate to ask if u need help, or a shoulder to cry on.
You should fill out a vehicle profile > http://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/

Make sure there plenty of pics.

You should also start a build thread with pics and posts about your progress on the car ;) ohh and more pics.

People love to follow build threads so im sure you'll get sum interest

Nice a 99, nice find. Welcome!!!
Hey its a project but looks like your heart is in it. You could probably trade your auto swap for a 5spd swap pretty easy.
Theres tons of stuff to read and get familiar with here. Dont hesitate to ask if u need help, or a shoulder to cry on.
You should fill out a vehicle profile > http://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/

Make sure there plenty of pics.

You should also start a build thread with pics and posts about your progress on the car ;) ohh and more pics.

People love to follow build threads so im sure you'll get sum interest
Haha thanks. I did a car profile and ill start a build thread when I get back to where I'm storing the car and get some pics. But it will be nice to document my progress.

This sites resources is amazing. Only been on here a few hours and found so much stuff LOL.

Its been 20 years here for our beloved dsmtuners. We've got massive amounts of info and horror mistakes and pretty much any scenario u can think of. There also free mods and our tech articles are great, written by mostly og's, mods, and people just trying to help out.

Its been 20 years here for our beloved dsmtuners. We've got massive amounts of info and horror mistakes and pretty much any scenario u can think of. There also free mods and our tech articles are great, written by mostly og's, mods, and people just trying to help out.
Well I am grateful for it. The Evo forums are the same way. If it wasn't for that group I'd have pulled more of my hair out LOL. I'm already reading through the threads on here and getting a lot of information. It's definitely making my life easier transitioning to a DSM. A lot of it is the same as an Evo but the difference is still there and this site is helping me figure that out.

Lmfao😂🤣😅😁 :mrt: :hellyeah: Theres alot about dsms that are easy to cross over to anything up to an evo 9.
Ive never had the pleasure but, sumtimes here we pick up alot of the things that are basically the same, so if your not poor and get an evo after a dsm wellll.

You have a 99 so your probably familiar with evoscan ,owning an evo???

Off topic were gonna get in trouble. Shh there watching.

Thank you! I tried uploading pictures but it keeps saying file is too big so I'm gonna have to figure that out LOL. But I'll try to update as much as I can
Open the pictures you want to upload in your paint program.. In there you can resize the pic... It's that easy

Lmfao😂🤣😅😁 :mrt: :hellyeah: Theres alot about dsms that are easy to cross over to anything up to an evo 9.
Ive never had the pleasure but, sumtimes here we pick up alot of the things that are basically the same, so if your not poor and get an evo after a dsm wellll.

You have a 99 so your probably familiar with evoscan ,owning an evo???

Off topic were gonna get in trouble. Shh there watching.
Yea I had an Evo 8 (ended up selling it a few years ago and regrettted it ever since) so alot of stuff is compatible from what I'm seeing online. Everything is Evo/DSM so that makes my life easier haha. And yea I'm very familiar with Evoscan and if I read correctly, I can use ECUFlash as well? That will save me time since I already own a tactrix cable and evoscan. I used to tune the Evo on ecuflash so once I figure out my dsm I'll be good to go.

Hey regardless on the model, I'm just glad to be in a Mitsubishi again LOL.

Everything is Evo/DSM so that makes my life easier haha. And yea I'm very familiar with Evoscan and if I read correctly, I can use ECUFlash as well? That will save me time since I already own a tactrix cable and evoscan. I used to tune the Evo on ecuflash so once I figure out my dsm I'll be good to go.
Nice. And yes if you have evoscan and a tantrix cable allready. Now im even more glad u came here.
Well this is a the best dsm site on the whole interwebs anywayyyyyyyy.

Nice. And yes if you have evoscan and a tantrix cable allready. Now im even more glad u came here.
Well this is a the best dsm site on the whole interwebs anywayyyyyyyy.
Thanks LOL. Once I write some maps and stuff I'll post on here. There's some stuff I wanna work out and hopefully can help people out with base maps and startups, etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back