1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

New DSM owner in the PNW

Posted by KDittoe, May 22, 2019

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. KDittoe

KDittoe Probationary Member

Joined May 21, 2019
    Olympia, Washington
    Hi everyone, Ive wanted to get a DSM for almost 20 years, and I’m finally at a place in life where I can make that happen!

I have a coworker that had a “well used” 2G Spyder GS-T with a lot of questionable work, mods and basically neglected for most of its life before he got it. He got a new car and offered it to me for such a good price I couldn’t refuse.

I’m planning on restoring most of it to stock, with some late 90s- early 2000 period correct mods, cleaning it up and replacing all the normal wear items.

First thing to go are the hideous rims that are on there, hopefully I’ll be able to find some stock or period correct rims.

It has tons of problems to sort out; rough idle, CEL, A/C doesn’t hold a charge, convertible top is torn, seats are torn, rats nest wiring etc, but it shouldn’t be too hard to get those fixed.

Attached Files:

2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Welcome to the site and congrats on your find! Seems like it's overall pretty clean and you have a solid plan for bringing it back to life, good luck and make sure to fill out your profile and post updates when you can! We're here to help with any questions as well :thumb:

Street Build 189  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

283  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 835  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. Bo0sTeD 4G63

Bo0sTeD 4G63 Supporting Member

Joined Aug 31, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    Welcome... make sure to keep us posted on the build.

Street Build 951  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM