The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

New DSM owner. How lucky am I?!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishnish

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2011
Modesto, California
Hey guys! After 2 years of driving my mom's minivan around, I finally got a car!:D Just yesterday, I finally got a 99 eclipse GSX with 93k miles (The premium model of that year). I consider myself extremely lucky to get the best one in it's class and finally start a crew with my bro who owns a 4G GT V6 3.8. However, I do have a LOT to learn. Compared to my bro, I know barely anything but that's what I have him for LOL. And I'm sure becoming a member here will help me so much more! My bro will be checking the car out today to see if it has any problems. If any are found or suspected, I will be sure to post it up on OUR forums (Feels so great to say that LOL) so I could gain some knowledge. I'll be sure to post a pic of my car once I get the chance. Hope to meet most of you on here soon :)

Welcome! Keep in mind that there are bug difference between the 2G and 3G.

ROFL I will get pics of the minivan since some of you asked for it haha. I'm still trying to get the pics of the gsx. Ed1380, it is rust free thank god! That was something that my bro made sure to look out for. Sadly, it does need some body work only because the paint is old and the front bottom part of the bumper is bent due to the large intercooler. Apparently, the guy didn't cut enough of the bumper to make it fit which is why it's bent. So I'm looking into getting a new OEM bumper if I can find one for the 99 GSX. Does this mean I will have to get the bumper cut in order for it to properly fit with the intercooler?

So I got the pictures finally :D However, I couldn't get the ones of the minivan :( my mom took it work LOL. I will get them asap though promise! The first pic is from the first day I got it. It's now been 3 days and I freaken' baby the thing haha. Just got done cleaning it out today and it started to rain! Just my luck.. What sucks more is my older sis took the parking spot in the garage haha. Is it gonna be a pain to wash now?

Also, I forgot to point out that the front part of the driver's side-skirt came off LOL. The guy I got it from said it's been off for a while and he doesn't know how it happened but thinks it was while driving. So yeah, it definitely needs some body work but I'm looking forward to it. The interior looks AWESOME btw. I'll be having a lot of questions btw so hopefully I get some help from all of you :D

Attachments

• 2011-06-25 19.56.52.jpg
    2011-06-25 19.56.52.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 2011-06-28 14.50.47.jpg
    2011-06-28 14.50.47.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 2011-06-28 14.51.22.jpg
    2011-06-28 14.51.22.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 2011-06-28 14.51.38.jpg
    2011-06-28 14.51.38.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 2011-06-28 18.51.48.jpg
    2011-06-28 18.51.48.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 85
  • 2011-06-28 18.53.33.jpg
    2011-06-28 18.53.33.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 78
Missing a Left Fender skirt Cap. Whatever its called..

Contact Steve Miller he'll have one if you need and will give you a great price!

Millerautoparts, I think it is..

did you steal my rims? LOL

looks very nice. take care of it and it'll take care of you :thumb:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks bro! Hahahahahaha that is too funny. Any future plans for your car? How many miles have you got on yours? Looks VERY nice also

Missing a Left Fender skirt Cap. Whatever its called..

Contact Steve Miller he'll have one if you need and will give you a great price!

Millerautoparts, I think it is..

Thanks man! Idk whether I should just replace the whole skirt or not though LOL. Does he carry the front OEM bumper also?

Thanks bro! Hahahahahaha that is too funny. Any future plans for your car? How many miles have you got on yours? Looks VERY nice also
sell it LOL. I ended up getting a 99 gsx with 50trim. also has a stroker and fully built/ported head in the trunk. all brand new just needs to be installed. planning to put a variable vane holset on that, but we'll see how it turns out

What mods does yours have? I see a fmic

Nice man! Looks good but the front around intercooler. I bet if you trim that bumper it would look fine till you get a new one. I am also missing that side skirt piece must be a 99 thing. Your friend on club4g.org I have a 4g too.

ed130: Wow bro congrats! I'm already jealous haha. I would LOVE to own 2 99 GSXs. One for commuting and one for totally building up LOL. Yeah besides the FMIC, there really isn't much besides a powder coated valve cover, a BOV off of a 1g Talon, and a MHI E3B16G turbo which I've been trying to do some research on. Is it off an EVOIII or something? I have a lot to work on before modding though =(. I'm already looking for a 2nd job while attending school full time. It'll be well worth it though =D

DOHCTA: Black interior WTF that's exactly what I want! Lol so far I plan on doing a black and purple theme but not totally decided yet.

raiderrodney: Haha I can see why :p I definitely need one of those. Are they OEM bumpers for the 99 GSX? I've been looking for one on eBay and found this: 1997 97 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE OEM STYLE FRONT BUMPER COVER | eBay

I don't think it's OEM though since it says "OEM STYLE". Anyone have any experience with these?

motozachi: Thanks man. Yeah I've definitely been using the search feature although I might have some questions that relate to often asked ones but the specifics of them are a little different.

HULK: My favorite Marvel superhero LOL. Thanks, I actually didn't know whether it was stock or not. I do like it but I noticed that on ed1380's avatar, there is a similar looking exhaust (if not the same exact one) that fits so well on the car and looks very nice. Mine on the other hand appears to hang a bit in comparison :sosad:. It really bugs me cause I like the look of the one on ed1380's avatar.

bullet99: Hey thanks for the advice bro! I was thinking about trimming it a bit but idk if it would fix it only because it looks as if the bumper has been like that for a while so I figured it's already gotten used to the shape of what it's currently in. You really think it'll pop back into place? You have a 4g also? Nice!! Those things are freaken' powerful bro!

I use my tdi for commuting. 80 miles/day would suck on gas :toobad:

an evo 3 16g is a very nice turbo. along with 550cc injectors it is one of the most common mods on the forums. very capable of 300whp with a nice spool.

That bumper is about the cheapest you'll find short of getting a used one at a junkyard. Cheapest I've seen on ebay is $88 shipped :p but it might not fit like the oem. I personally would try to fix it. along the bottom lip there should be a metal reinforcment plate running the length of the bumper. I've had good luck just bending them back into position. and saves you painting costs.

The gsx and gst came with a dual tip exhaust from the factory. yours is factory. The one in my avatar isnt factory. (cause it's not a gsx. just dont tell anyone LOL) that's the 99 gs I had couple years ago. black leather too :D

ed1380: Woah 80 miles a day that's pretty crazy WTF

Thanks, I thought it had to mean something since I've been seeing a lot of people put in those turbos in their Eclipses. I want to be able to push 400 that's the magic number for me LOL. But I want to be able to do it safely so I know it's gonna be a LOT of work. I want the car to be easily capable of handling that much.

As for the bumper, shoot I didn't think it was possible to get it back into place but I'm definitely gonna give it a try now. I'm not sure if the metal brackets are there but I'll check. What would I trim it with?

Haha dude that car is awesome don't worry I won't mention a thing ;). I REALLY REALLY love that exhaust it fits extremely well on the car. What kind is it?

dfwdsmer: That's the first thing on my list right now my friend =)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back