The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G New drilled and slotted rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Powerstops? I have the same ones and love them. No more warping due to overheating.

Same brand and style of Rotors I have on my like 5,000lb Ford Edge and I can say the same thing. Even the OEM rotors warped like crazy but the power stops just shrug it off. Love them!

What pads are you going to run on those? (Ceramic?) or something fancy to make the most of those? Wondering what the crew thinks are the best pads to run for performance. BTW a quick brake tip- unless it has been done before, you might consider rebuilding the brake calipers- Probably the most often neglected step in a brake rebuild. It's not about whether the caliper piston is leaking or not- The piston seal in the caliper is responsible for pulling the piston back into the caliper when you let off the pedal. Stiff old piston seals can cause your pads to drag on the caliper causing premature wear of the rotor. How do those rubber brake lines look? They are usually cracking by now unless they were replaced.

What pads are you going to run on those? (Ceramic?) or something fancy to make the most of those? Wondering what the crew thinks are the best pads to run for performance. BTW a quick brake tip- unless it has been done before, you might consider rebuilding the brake calipers- Probably the most often neglected step in a brake rebuild. It's not about whether the caliper piston is leaking or not- The piston seal in the caliper is responsible for pulling the piston back into the caliper when you let off the pedal. Stiff old piston seals can cause your pads to drag on the caliper causing premature wear of the rotor. How do those rubber brake lines look? They are usually cracking by now unless they were replaced.
I am running ceramics and I drove it for a little bit afterwards they do great quiet. And not sure if anybody has ever changed any of the lines or anything because of the mileage on the car probably wasn’t enough too.

Something to consider doing at some point, or at least keeping a close eye on- Unfortunately rubber disintegrates with time, so everything rubber in the car is suspect regardless of low mileage- vacuum hoses primarily, that like to crack in non-obvious ways at the nipple, seals that shrink, get stiff, and leak, engine mounts that get exposed to oil, brake lines that crack, etc etc. You might list the 47K mileage in the profile of the car when you get a chance so it's easier to find- makes it easier to know what you have.

Something to consider doing at some point, or at least keeping a close eye on- Unfortunately rubber disintegrates with time, so everything rubber in the car is suspect regardless of low mileage- vacuum hoses primarily, that like to crack in non-obvious ways at the nipple, seals that shrink, get stiff, and leak, engine mounts that get exposed to oil, brake lines that crack, etc etc. You might list the 47K mileage in the profile of the car when you get a chance so it's easier to find- makes it easier to know what you have.
Okay I will do that thank you and I will have to look at all of that as of right now it is my daily driver.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back