The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

new daily driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thats nice. by brother bought one last year. they kind lookalike

Ad if DSMs dont get bad enough gas mileage you're a glutton for punishment

it wasnt the dsm's mileage that was killing me it was the fact that it would never run well for long and in about 4 weeks I would be trying to fit me, my wife 1 booster seat and 2 baby seats in the dsm. I can put most of the people I know in this thing with no complaints.

i got to admit it looks pretty good but damn gas is killing me atm today i filled my dsm with 50 bucks i think 3.70 gallon if i remember correctly. now imagine that beast...155$ for the 42 gallons.

the last time i put gas in it, it was 3.44 and i had 14 tank when i went in. i shut the pump off at $100
and i got just under a full tank.

Lol, I say you will fill up more often than once a month with that thing. And bad gas mileage in a dsm? I get really good gas mileage in mine (24-28 highway, and around 20 city, and that is being not the easiest LOL.

I hope you drive 2 miles/week.

Personally i drive about 20k a year. That would cost me $7500/year in fuel if you average 10mpg (3.75/gal).

A new Hyundai sonata averaging 35mpg would cost $2150 a year. That means after 3 years the Hyundai has literally paid for itself, plus it would still have $8K+ resale value if you decided to sell it at that point.

I hope you drive 2 miles/week.

Personally i drive about 20k a year. That would cost me $7500/year in fuel if you average 10mpg (3.75/gal).

A new Hyundai sonata averaging 35mpg would cost $2150 a year. That means after 3 years the Hyundai has literally paid for itself, plus it would still have $8K+ resale value if you decided to sell it at that point.

I guarantee that he wont see 10mpg though. Its listed as "12mpg" stock in 2wd form, which is probably closer to 10, my buddies stock avalanche get about 8 real world driving. With the added weight,lift, and much heavier tires, id guess 5mpg if hes lucky.

My sisters jeep lost 5mpg just from going to a set of 33'' bfg krawlers on stockish rims. I couldnt imagine driving that beastly thing anywhere.

Don't act so innocent ;)

Dunno if commenting on a thread where the op is pissed cause he traded his n/t for a dsm is trolling? But i think its cute you searched thru my old posts to find a example :tease:
FYI...me and josh go back and fourth all the time..im pretty sure he knows im just messing around,

Dunno if commenting on a thread where the op is pissed cause he traded his n/t for a dsm is trolling? But i think its cute you searched thru my old posts to find a example :tease:
FYI...me and josh go back and fourth all the time..im pretty sure he knows im just messing around,

...searched? That thread was just made the other day and I remembered it because this topic is some what similar. I guess Josh is the only one who can poke fun at ya, everyone else makes you take it personally. Relax.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back