The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

New daily driver suggestions. Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's a corolla LOL
06 corolla XRS. 1.8L 6spd. I think they were only made in 05/06
164hp and under 2700lbs.
11.5:1 compression (needs 91 octane or higher)
Used 2006 Toyota Corolla XRS Sedan Performance Specs - 2006 Toyota Corolla XRS Sedan Performance Specifications - Motor Trend Magazine

LOL not something I thought I would ever own, but I saw the 6spd online and never heard of an xrs so I figured I would check it out. Fun to drive, handles freaking amazing in stock form, still gets good gas mileage, and 4 door. Plenty of room and has a sporty look. Price was ok so it fit the bill.
Going to try and get her to about 200whp and call it done. That would make it a lot of fun for autoX or just daily fun.

$4 a gallon, cost me $44 to fill up my first tank. Got 25 with lots of spirited driving and stop and go, not so much highway. This week I'm back on my normal schedule with lots of highway so I'll report back.
It's only an extra $4 per fill up for 91 octane, and it's worth it for the extra 40hp that the xrs has over the ce and le models. Or what if you had a car that had a bigger tank? $4 is only another gallon. I guess it all depends on how you figure it.
My 02 sonata that I just got rid of cost me $65 to fill up and I was lucky to get 22mpg.

Turbo maybe.
Plans are
Custom catch can
custom aluminum air box
port throttle body and intake if i can find spares
header (down the road)
lightweight water pump and alternator pulley
Custom exhaust
Test pipe
Safc + wideband (maybe)

See where that gets me.

Lol you called a taurus SHO gross and bought a corolla ROFL

And why in the world would you want to mod that thing?

besides why would you want to mod your dd? Doesnt make any sense

Taurus is domestic. Corolla is import.

Why not mod the daily? I don't have a toy car any more.

And why in the world would you want to mod that thing?

besides why would you want to mod your dd? Doesnt make any sense
Your right but, there's a smart way to do mods to improve your vehicle. I took my DD Nissan Frontier and improved the MPG from 19-21 hwy. to 20-23 with simple bolt on mods that didn't permanently alter the vehicle.

Agreed with the above. A quick way to make that DD less dependable would eb to stay on the current path. It's not a looker, it's FWD, it's a reliable Toyota...be smart, dude.

Turbo maybe.
Plans are
Custom catch can
custom aluminum air box
port throttle body and intake if i can find spares
header (down the road)
lightweight water pump and alternator pulley
Custom exhaust
Test pipe
Safc + wideband (maybe)

See where that gets me.

Doesn't this kinda defeat the purpose of a DD?

You mentioned not having a "toy" anymore. Food for thought, all the money your going to spend on the parts above for your "DD", could easily find you a Turbo 1g to use as a toy on the weekends, AutoX, track, and what not. Think about it.

My gf has a white 2012 Chevy Cruz ltz. I like it. If you cover up the badges you cant tell its a domestic . Since I'm dsm less I may buy her sum tasteful mods.
Intake
Downpipe
hi flow cat
Trifecta tune. (I heard they were the truth)
We'll see what happens......

Doesn't this kinda defeat the purpose of a DD?

You mentioned not having a "toy" anymore. Food for thought, all the money your going to spend on the parts above for your "DD", could easily find you a Turbo 1g to use as a toy on the weekends, AutoX, track, and what not. Think about it.

It doesn't cost much to build parts. No DSM = no headache. Also no place for a second car, no garage, no insurance payment etc etc.
Mildly modded daily will be just fine.

I think you should you should get some coil overs and lower it a good 2 inches, then get some decent rims on it. FWD is a complete bumper but sacrifices have to be made. So are you totally done with dsms? you could always get one later down the road and just not go nuts on the hp like most do, that way they're reliable and fun......or get a generation of supra or s13/14/15.

Looks like someone played street hockey with that shift knob.

Well I guess it's too late to suggest a g35 sedan, could have easily been had within your age mileage not domestic criteria

The gas mileage on them is crap.
Thus far the xrs is everything I need. With a few mods it will be more fun.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back