The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New daily driver ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz93EclipseT

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 1, 2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
well ive had a great long road with my 93 eclipse.. it started out n/t and then turboed than back to n/t again when i found an awd shell and its been my daily driver. ive had it since before i even had my license.

but it has 201,000 miles on it now and the fenders are rusting, no immediate horrible issues in suspension but i know it could all use re-done, it still runs good but im graduating high school this year and my college will be about a 30 minute drive every day next year.

I mentioned i was probably going to sell my eclipse and try to find something different for like 2000-3000 and maybe even sell my awd talon and get something a lot nicer. well when i said that my dad said he'd just help me get a newer car as a graduation present LOL.

So I have a budget of 6000 for a car.
Now, my first thought was a civic but they're so hard to find in nice shape not modified and in 5spd with lower miles. + i wouldnt mind something a bit bigger.

I do a lot of bike riding too, my eclipse is nice cause my bike fits in my hatch with seats down.

So I'm hoping people here have ideas cause outside of DSM's, some hondas, and such I'm not a car expert.

What I'm wanting:
Prefer 4 door or good trunk space or large hatch area.
capable of 30+ mpg on highway hopefully
i dont mind auto but i wouldnt mind keeping 5spd
comfortable for trips!
and of course reliable, cheap to maintain.

any ideas? thanks!

My little brothers g.f. just got a 2001 mitsu diamante for 2000K the other ones they looked at where around 4K or so. has plenty of room in the car and overall looks pretty nice. only downside she said the guy told her it got around 25 mpg on the high way. kelly blue book said it would be less. Might look into the vw's I think they usually get good mpg.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back