The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G New Comer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken952GGS

Probationary Member
Jul 6, 2020
Holly Ridge, North_Carolina
So I have been reading a lot of the older threads and forgot to post on here introducing myself. Or at least I think I did, I don't know. I have been on so many sites trying to learn I forget which one is which. Well my 14 year old step son bought a 95 GS for $271 with a seized motor. I'm picking up a good 420a from a 95 Eagle Talon the first week of August once the yard pulls it from its body. I believe I want to just do some minor upgrades to the internals, have the cylinders bored over, and up grade the camshafts & gears, as well as the pistons rods & rings. The only part I'm having trouble finding is the crankshaft itself, the search will continue until I find it. All parts are going to be bought in stages, a few months here and there type of thing. Then all at once I will do the build over a week or twos time frame. At least that's how my mind envisions it, most likely I end up not doing it and then paying someone to do it for me. Either way its going to be a lot of fun and I can't wait for him to drive the thing. Yes it has the manual transmission. Once this build is done, I'll be looking for a 3000 GT for my youngest step son as that's what he wants. Then it will be my daughters turn, who will just have a car given to her without building it. Then it will be my turn, I'm getting a GSX and going to build that for myself. I have always loved the 2G but never had the chance to own one until now. I hope I can bring some stuff to the table and not just ask a bunch of questions, but if I do ask a question, know that I searched for it very thoroughly and could not find what I was looking for!

Welcome to the forum! I finally got the chance to pick up an Eclipse last year myself, and have been slowly restoring it piece by piece, working in stages as well. This forum is a great resource and I've found the people to be both helpful and friendly. Best of luck with the cars, and enjoy the journey! :thumb:

Welcome! I also just recently picked up my first DSM after wanting one foooorreeeevvveeeerrrrrrr. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and experience. I am yet to run into an issue (and believe me, there has been a lot of them so far) that I wasn't able to solve on here. I hope your experience is just as good as mine has been and enjoy the community!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back