The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

new clutch wont engage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIXXER95

Probationary Member
Dec 5, 2004
Vail, Colorado
Been without my car for nearly two weeks now, and I have tried everything I can think of!

I installed a new Fidanza flywheel and new ACT 2600# clutch (new Mitsu throwout slave cylinder, etc... ) I bleed with a Mityvac... clutch pedal is adjusted ALL THE WAY .

I still cant get the clutch to engage! :cry:

It's as if I need a longer slave cylinder actuater rod. (which I dont have a problem fabricating) but I suspect something is wrong here since I dont find anything about a need to lengthen the rod on any tech write-ups or searches.

Can ANYONE please help me solve this!

Well are you sure its bled correctly? I normally do a complete cycle of brake fluid via a gravity bleed. I remove the res cap and then open the bleeder....I let the res run to the low mark then fill it with a different color fluid (ATF SUPER BLUE OR GOLD) then I let it bleed until the color comes out blue or gold...which ever I am switching to.

I then close the bleeder. No need to have someone pump or anything.

See if you can move the shift fork by hand....moving it towards the passenger side of the car as if someone was stepping on the clutch pedal. If you can move it by hand then you left something out....like a throw out bearing....But I highly doubt you did that. Its just that theres not much between that clutch fork and pressure plate. So you either have a broken clutch fork or pivot ball, a missing TO bearing, or the wrong fricken clutch PP.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back