The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

New clutch pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttravis88t

Proven Member
Jul 25, 2021
Jacksonville, Florida
Hello, so I am wondering what the best clutch, flywheel, pressure plate and clutch fork is on the market for a 7bolt engine. Needs to support 500whp and am hoping for one with some good life to it. Any suggestions?

Best for daily driving a car with 400 torque. That’s what it’ll be around when I drop my new injectors in and run e85. I was looking at the act series but dunno if I should go 6 puck, 4 puck or whatever. Never done anything other than an oem clutch on a car so I’m not familiar with aftermarket options

full face sprung clutch. oem flywheel. That is my opinion. I've had oem, act, centerforce etc. Southbend has been my favorite. Easy driving. You can run a lightened flywheel if you want but understand what they do and why.

I'm not a fan of the lightened flywheel, or maybe I am just old or stuck in my ways but the OEM flywheel sure is easier to drive. (I am probably BOTH old and stuck in my ways to be honest)

From my experience a 4 puck or 6 puck clutch disc will always chatter and have a quick release, making it a slightly more harsh experience in daily drivers. Especially in heavy traffic. I would personally only run them in a drag race build. But I've known people who run them in the daily's. It just depends on how "comfortably" you want it to drive.

full face sprung clutch. oem flywheel. That is my opinion. I've had oem, act, centerforce etc. Southbend has been my favorite. Easy driving. You can run a lightened flywheel if you want but understand what they do and why.
I’ve pretty much decided I’m going with a full face ACT 2600, an oem clutch fork and their streetlite series flywheel, yes I understand the lighter flywheel will eat at the clutch a little more and it’ll make it harder to drive but this is my fun car so I wanna make it fun :) quick question though, ive seen somewhere that the 2600 is harder on the FWD7bolt and can wear the thrust bearing more causing crank walk? is this relevant info and should i maybe go with another option? the 2100 wont be able to meet my power goals.

I am not a fan of a 2600. It's very heavy. Keep in mind a heavy clutch isn't just hard on the crank, it's hard on the entire clutch system, hydraulics, pedal assembly etc.

I am not a fan of a 2600. It's very heavy. Keep in mind a heavy clutch isn't just hard on the crank, it's hard on the entire clutch system, hydraulics, pedal assembly etc.
Heard that, did some looking at the southbend series and it’s a tad more expensive but they have a full puck design that says it can hold 400+ ft lbs. so I think I’ll go with this one. Would you recommend the ACT flywheel with it and will they even be compatible? Or should I go oem flywheel

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back