The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New Clutch issue Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsm_

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2012
Apache junction, Arizona
I installed a new flywheel and ACT 2100 clutch and pressure plate, With the car off it goes into all gears just fine, with the car on it goes into all gears and slightly squeals into reverse WITHOUT pushing the clutch down.

I have the cars on jack stands and without the clutch pushed in neutral the wheels are spinning with it pushed in they don't spin at all.

I have severely bled the clutch right around 30 times and adjusted the clutch exactly to jacks transmission video.

Yes it pushes back in no problem. it seems the fork is sitting directly in the middle where it should be

If the car is in neutral the input shaft is still spinning. The wheel will spin if the car is on jackstands but you can stop them easily by hand. You might also be able to put it in gear without clutch because a synchro ring is essentially a brake to get a gear to spin at the same speed as another gear. Without the car on the ground the only forces it has to slow down are the wheels. Why don't you put it on the ground and see what it does.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back