The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

new clutch grinds in reverse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crfridah

Proven Member
Oct 22, 2012
bristol, Connecticut
i just installed a used act 6 puck clutch and pressure plate and the first drive it was perfect went into gear better it just overall felt alot better... then i went to back my car out today and it started to grind into reverse and its hard to put it into first gear im confused if its the clutch or not because it was fine the first day and now out of nowhere its diffrent

sorry for the late response ive been busy im about to bleed and check the clutch to see if it needs an adjustment

Could be something with your tranny/synchros

and ya thats what i was thinking because it seemed kind of weird for the clutch to go out of adjustment that quick when all i did was take it around the block once with the new clutch... i mean the tranny does have 143k on it but my car was one by an older women all its life and never got beat on.. idk i guess ill just hope it needs a small adjustment if not i have an extra tranny anyway

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back