The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

New Clutch Adjustment Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1969olds

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2012
Rochester, Indiana
I just installed my new ACT 2600 pressure plate and street disc clutch after the last pressure plate broke. The car wont go into gear because the clutch wont fully disengage. So I went to adjust the clutch, and the push rod is already as far out as it can go. And the stop thing with the switch is all of the way up too. What should I do now?

I replaced the slave cylinder when it stopped going into gear just to make that it wasnt the problem. And no I didnt do anything with the flywheel, it only has like 30,000 on it though so I figured it would be fine.

Did you bleed the entire system before you adjusted the rod? Since you changed it you would have to bleed it really good.

And I heard normally with the 2600 and up the require specific step heights to get the engagement just right

I will try bleeding it more when I have someone here to help me. The car had a 2600 pressure plate on it previously, so the flywheel should have been stepped for it properly before.

There might be air but, could be the master clutch cylinder is bad. It is $20 at checker or autozone, or you have a small hole in your hoses. I had a hole right where my hose went into my slave cylinder. I didn't see it because it was under the pipe thread. I could see it when I backed it off.

I have a braided clutch line so I shouldnt have to worry about that.

Well I've been bleeding the system and it has gotten better. If I pump the clutch a little it will go into gear, I cant seem to get it fully bled though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back