The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

New Chick

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSM-Hottie

10+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2009
Tigard, Oregon
Hello everyone! My name is Ana and I own a 99 eclipse GSX. New to this forum, but an old timer to other ones. Looking forward to learning more from you guys!
:D

Owned my GSX 2yrs. Got her bone stock. Have upgraded some things. Still to slow for me. Upgrading to a 14b here in a few weeks, I'll post lots of pictures.

You can't go wrong with a Mitsubishi turbo over a T25. The T25 has the poorest thrust design of any turbo built for our cars....it's a thin thrust plate, and it's only 270* which means it doesn't support the collar the entire way. Years of daily driving will take their toll, and any consistent boost over 15psi with one of those junkers will mean sudden death.

If you haven't bought the 14B yet, I'd say you should go a step further and track down a Small 16G. They'll spool almost as quick as a 14B yet flow 3-4 lb/min more of peak airflow.

All MHI turbos have a 360* thrust plate for awesome durability and the ability to run high boost without worry, and their oiling system doesn't prefer to be fed from the filter housing. The 14B came from the factory on 1G's fed from the head with a hard-metal feed line that has a restrictor built into the end at the turbo, so these turbos are fed from the head with a restrictor from the factory. Your best bet would be to track down a 1G oil supply line and feed your 14B from the head as well. JNZ sells the line you need and the banjo bolts for less than $30.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/329317-14b-oil-feed-part-number.html

Welcome to the forums!
Do you plan on doing the turbo install yourself?

Welcome!

Next time watch your boost gauge LOL That t25 did last too long at 20psi huh? ROFL

Hurry up and order that 14b and we'll swap em out :D

Thank you justin! That was a lot of helpful info you gave me. I've had a hard time finding 16 g's maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.
Gsxdsmkinggsx: why thank you for the welcome! LOL Toofast- yes RAD and I are going to be putting it in ourselves :D
69691398: I've already found a lot of help ful info. Still a little confused on exhaust mani studs but I'll figure it out LOL
RADDSM- no it didn't last to long LOL u had a couple hits @ 20psi so don't get @ me for my 1 hit LOL

RADDSM- no it didn't last to long LOL u had a couple hits @ 20psi so don't get @ me for my 1 hit LOL

LOL but I let off as soon as it hit, I've got a couple other MBCs that we can try that actually work LOL

Well IDK the waste gate actuator came off so I figured it was safe. Yes we can try them as long as we don't blow another turbo. She like the 20+psi the turbo didn't sadly LOL

IN my opinion, if your upgrading Turbos, Get the EvoIII Big 16g. That will handle your 20 PSI. And if you really got into it, get the GT42 turbo.
Welcome to the site!

Welcome.

A 14b is a great upgrade, and you can see great results buy upgrading the exhaust housing to a 7cm one. I saw a huge difference on the highway with one. I love mine.

You get your hands dirty or what?

Yes I do as a matter of fact. All upgrades have been done at home in the drive way. :D going to be putting in my new 14b here in a couple weeks, but I will have help w/that
OMG
Marry m- Wait I am already married.:ohdamn:

V8's are for loser's LOL they have to compensate somewhere! Look at all of us 2.0L runnin 10's, now that pure art! :p LOL
N thank you for the welcome

Careful now, you will offend some of us that tinker in both worlds. (I put wrench time on an LS2 GTO and a 03 Cobra, and I am thinking about getting the G8 GXP, that or an EVO X or Hyundai Genesis 4.6L). It takes a lot of work to Turbo a V8 and the benefits are far greater then that of a DSM. DSMs just take less money to get into the 12s/11s.

Most girls are too scared to get anything on their hands. The dirtier the better :D I'm still learning RAD calls me a noob all the time ### there is a lot I don't know LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back