The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

New car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Its really easy. Just find a used turbo and JB weld it on.

don't listen to the ignorant post above, you can't jbweld a turbo on. You'll need a turbo, 3m double sided tape, and a new shift knob. It all comes together pretty easy after that.

He shouldn't be using the 3M tape on a turbo. JB weld is slightly stronger and my dads friend that has a 9 second camaro uses it everywhere on his car. He even made a roll cage and he did not have enough money to get it welded so he used JB weld.
I would only get a new shift knob if money is not an issue. Otherwise OP should be good for a few months until the original shift knob fails because of the hot air coming out of the turbo.

Well that stuff cost to much I was thinking about working with the stuff I already have. Like the turbo and stuff off my gs-t. Wash just wondering if interenals could handle stock boost .

So should I get link or can I run it the way it is since its a n/a car at the moment?

If you turbo an n/a Car you should swap in a ECU from the same year. But other then swapping all turbo components in you should be good. N/t bottom end and stock 5 speed tranny can hold a turbo but don't boost over 10 PSI or you might blow your bottom end or shred some gears in the tran.

Last edited:
Just wondering how hard would it be to convert to turbo?

My first bit of advice is don't post tech questions in the Hangout becuase you will get retards posting crap as seen above. If this was in the newbie forum or a tech forum, that crap wouldn't fly.

To address your specific question, read this tech article, http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-turbo-system-intercooler/48231-installing-turbo-4g63-into-nt-4g63.html. Don't skim it or just look at the pictures, read it. This should answer most of your questions and make you way more familiar with what is involved. After you have read it, if you have any specific questions, ask away. I will be more then happy to help you as my DSM was originally non turbo too.

If you turbo an n/a Car you should swap in a ECU from the same year. But other then swapping all turbo components in you should be good. N/t bottom end and stock 5 speed tranny can hold a turbo but don't boost over 10 PSI or you might blow your bottom end or shred some gears in the tran.

So your advice is to use a stock turbo yet run less boost then the stock turbo puts out at wastegate pressure? A 14b will run 10-14 psi at wastegate pressure if it doesn't creap, and can hit over 20 psi at wastegate pressure if it s creeping. Plus keep in mind that the turbo 5-speed (F5M33) and the non-turbo 5-speed (F5M22), while they will both bolt up the same, are not the same on the inside and the non-turbo transmission won't hold up to much power.

Thanks for that. But yeah a little sarcasm doesn't hurt. Well really wasn't a tech post it was more of look i finally got another 1g even though its another n/a. But yeah thanks again for the link.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back