The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New Car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hkdl

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2004
Hamilton, Ohio
My 2.0 n/t is basicly dieing, so I'm looking into other cars. My wife wanted to me get something with 4 doors, so it will be "functional" with the kids.So basicly my question is, what can I get thats kinda fast with 4 doors? If anyone says a Civic I will personally come and kick your butt LOL.

hkdl said:
My 2.0 n/t is basicly dieing, so I'm looking into other cars. My wife wanted to me get something with 4 doors, so it will be "functional" with the kids.So basicly my question is, what can I get thats kinda fast with 4 doors? If anyone says a Civic I will personally come and kick your butt LOL.

What's your budget? What's "kinda fast?"

Protege, Sentra, new Mazda3 is pretty cool.

Those OTHER cars you mention get a bad rap cuz of what kids do to them. But those OTHER cars are nimble, fun to drive, practical, and hold their value better than anything else.

Sorry, forgot to mention the budget, I would love to get an SRT-4, but they are still pretty pricey. My budget is pretty low so something probably at least a few years old. When I say "kinda fast" I mean something to at least slap those civic's around :p

Integra gsr 4dr, nissan maxima, mazda malennia s, wrx, gvr4, cant think of too much more right now (icehouse got my brain proccupied) but should be able to get all of these for less than $12k used.

hkdl said:
Sorry, forgot to mention the budget, I would love to get an SRT-4, but they are still pretty pricey. My budget is pretty low so something probably at least a few years old. When I say "kinda fast" I mean something to at least slap those civic's around :p

get a used mazda speed protoge, stock not too powerful, great handling. My friend has one and claims that a company has a crate motor that can take up to 30 pounds of boost. You had an nt so the protoge would seem quick and it's boosted :thumb: (might be able to find for $12k, if anything get the non-turbo, those have the same motor and everything is swappable into it; figure get the n/t and go crate motor with a turbo kit and lsd)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back