The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

new car which one would you choose

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1wickedGST

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Greeley, Colorado
ok so i am turning 20 this year and i am going to buy a cheap new car (dont flame me im stll keaping the dsm but i want a new car) my options are pretty limited to 23000 or less im thinking about a new civic si (not to rice out just to drive remember) or a scion TC. so my question is which one would you choose the 197 Hp Civic or the 160 Hp TC

Bro get the new sky from saturn. That thing is sick.

Personally i would go for the Scion TC. Ive been in one and they are very nice and a good DD in my opinion. But if i had 23k to throw around i would look into a nice Audi A4 or maybe a used Evo. Just my 2 cents. Let us know what you decide to get and let us know how it is :thumb:

How about a truck? A Ford SVT-Lightning... gogogo.

I would go with the tC just because they look nicer and don't have a disgraceful history behind them(rice). I have to add though, if it were me, i would look into an SRT-4 or Cobalt SS. Pure sex.

Ohh i forgot about the Cobalt SS's. Those are amaing cars and have a nice sporty look to them. Oh yeah and umm Supercharged! That would be another good choice. Good call Deadly Blaze :thumb:

I like the new civics. For the price, they look pretty nice. I've been in a new Tc and I like it too. The Tc is cheaper I would guess, tough call. I'd get a new Si if it was me and I only had to choose between those two.

Toyota or Honda, you cant really go wrong with either choice. The TC is a heavier car than the civic and has less HP so it will be slower. But i think it looks better IMO(TC).

What about a used Evo 8 :sneaky:, a decent one can fetch that price.

well...If you want some decent power out of the dealer floor, you will have to stay with something that has in one way or another mitsubishi under the hood. srt-4 or the new caliber coming out with 300hp on the turbo version. The non turbo version starts at 14k tubo version coming out later this year will go for 20k.

thanks for all the replys.... i actually want an evo but im getting something that is cheep and not to fast as my first new car (i only plan on having it for a year or less so i can build a long term crdit history and get my Evo)... after driving both the tc and the si i like the way the tc drives but the civic gets better gas milage and has more safety stuff so my insurance will be cheaper on the civic but no matter what its DSM/Mitsubishi for life:dsm: :rocks:

If you want to biuld long term credit your going to need to have the car for more than a year, get something used not new. Unless you decide on a Si or Tc, then id buy those new because the resale value is unbeatable. Id go for the new Si though, it looks good runs good, and hey it even beats an srt10 viper in the slallom course!

I agree, buy a new "used" or leftover car in great condition. Sure your only keeping it for credit reasons, but your going to lock yourself into a long ass loan that u think is helping you but have fun trying to trade it in (to build your credit) for the EVO your going to pay way more then u ever expected after refianancing.

i like the tc... but when i saw that civic commercial, i fell in love with it! but toyota is #1 seller for a reason...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back